1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Flight travel with 2 year old son

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by renuga, Dec 20, 2008.

1. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

Hi

I am renuga i have 2 yr old boy.I am planning for india trip by feb i have to travel with him alone.can any one suggest some ideas to keep them sit and food to take for them.this is my first time alone so i need some ideas.

2. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

Hi renuga,

if u r travelling for the first time with ur toddler , make sure u take few medicines with u , such as for fever, cold ,cough and ear pain . the children tend to get earblock while travelling by air . even i did'nt know about this and suffered a lot when my daughter had an earpain when she was 21/2 yrs old (of course now she's 6yrs old).
    plan to take dry snacks like biscates and muffins . to make child sit is a bit difficult but my daughter likes more of coloring ,so i try to keep as much as colouring books and pencils ,to make sure she's busy throughout the journey.

that's all , hope this helps u.

happy and safe journey.

:cheers

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I did it alone this aug with a 23 month old then. I kept small flash cards, coloring books and crayons to keep her occupied. Mine was a around the world flight plan with me strting travel from home on thursady morning 5 o clock and with three breaks in toronto n frankfurt n mumbai and ample waiting time evrywhere I finally reached madras on sunday by noon . Thank god I had foreseen these and had taken ample finger foods and stuff to keep her occupied. I had packed some idlies with sugar and ghee and some fruits for the waiting time in toronto. Thankfully they lemme take cooked food until that as it was only domestic travel. Then I got some fruits, fruit candies, cookies and muffins in toronto airport and managed. Any way she was wide awake throughout the first leg of the journey and did let me eat even my well deserved in flight food. I was palying flash cards throughout that first leg and till i reached frankfurt. In tht leg she slept like anything and dint even eat properly. But i was getting bothered and tried feeding her. But she was too tired to even keep her eyes open. So I finally decided that one half day without food wont kill ur baby and left her at that. I reached mumbai by night and there she had her first proper feed with milk muffinsand evrythng wihtout any issues totally. she was tooa ctive throughout the night and dint sleep in airport. the next day on flight to chennai she slept peacefully and i had my food peacefully too. The toughes things when travelling alone is u cant use loo as often u want r as n when u want. so mkae sure u eat mild food the day before journey. and make sure u get to eat whtever u can in airports cos u cant always say tht ur kid ll let u eat ur in flight food. it can be done easily if u plan ahgead.

Regards,
    Cc.

1 person likes this.
  4. renuga

renuga Senior IL'ite

HI gals,
    Thanks for ur reply.That is very helpful for me.I have a plan of taking some rice for him and he eats gerber fruits so i can take that with me.Can we take juice with us is it allowed .let me know what food type we can take with us.

1 person likes this.
  5. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi Renuga,

100 ml of juice is allowed. but not more. Any liquids exceeding that should be given in before security check in. Some times they allow 100 ml yoghurt and 100 ml juice
    sometimes jus one.

Regards,
    Cc