1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Passport for Minor - Suggestion needed.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by imemyself, Dec 19, 2008.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I need to apply for passport for my son , 2.9 yrs old.
    The Passport application form mentions that we should provide both the parents passport. We have both our passports but we dont have the spouse name endorsed in the passport. In such cases, can we show a marriage certiifcate to get the passport? Or what can be done?
    Anyone who had gone through this procedure, pls help!

2. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Not sure but I believe your marriage license and/or the baby's birth certificate should be enough.

3. sweet_jindagi

sweet_jindagi New IL'ite

yeah marriage certificate will be enough. we had gone through the same.

4. Bharathi.K

Bharathi.K Senior IL'ite

Hi,

please help me out in this issue..

I am right now 7 months pregnant.. me and my husband both were working in UK then after getiing pregant i travelled to india by my 4 month and still now in india.. due to few reasons i need to travle back to Uk were my husband resides and plan to get delivery there @ UK.

Now the problem is, if i am getting delivery @ UK i need to apply passport for my child. we dont have any proof for our marriage. I didnt get my marriage certificate after marriage and also the name in both of our passport was not changed yet. Now without my husbands presence i couldn take my marriage certificate here in India. without having marriage certificate i couldn get deliver there @ UK and cannot apply for my childs passport too..

Can i get notatry affidavit proof for my marrige.. Does it act as a legal marriage certificate. Is that sufficient for me to take my travle and get my delivery done @ UK.

Please help pit in this and give me some advise on the same.ASAP...:drowning