1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Way to help my toddler get over jetlag??

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by janaki25, Dec 17, 2008.

1. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

I came back from a month long trip to India a few days back.Since then due to jetlag my 17 month old son has been sleeping all day and wakes up all night.I tried to break this routine but he becomes very cranky if I try to wake him and feed him during the daytime.So he eats his routine meals only at night.Though I totally understand that it will take him some tome to adjust back to the US timing,my question is how long should I let this continue and is there some way through which I can change this sleep pattern of his or should I just wait for him to do it himself.

I would really appreciate any advice regarding this..

Looking forward to your suggestions

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Janaki,

How long is it since you came back? My son (now 3) really suffered from jetlag during the two times we went to India in the last two years. It used to take hom one full week each way. I don't think there is much you can do about this. Make sure he eats well when he is ready to eat. My son would wake up every day at 2 AM or 3 AM and would be asleep afternoon by 2. It is hard to change that, in a week or so he should be fine. Try to extend/shorten the time by an hour or so each day so he gradually returns to normal. Good Luck.

3. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

Pavarun,

It has been 3 days since we came back.Thanks for your reply.Like you said ,I will try to shorten the time each day till he returns to normal.

Thanks again.