1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Montessori or regular school

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by soumya_Pandey, Oct 24, 2008.

1. soumya_Pandey

soumya_Pandey New IL'ite

Hi All,

My daughter has just completed two years.I want to put her in a school now.I have come to know about the Monterssori method of schooling.In Chennai i have heard of many montessori schools aslo.But I am not sure whether a montessori school would be better for my baby or should i go for regular playschool.I can't be experimenting with my child's future.My daughter is active and loves doing her thing on her own.and as a working mother I would like her to be independent.

Please suggest and also suggets some good school in Velachery for her as per your opinion.

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Soumya - I'm moving this to Toddlers.

Vanathi.

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Sowmya, also take a look at the Chennai Schools subforum.
    Re Montessori, it does depend on how well the child responds to the school environment and the philosophies of Maria Montessori. First equip yourself with what they expect from a child and how the system works. As a parent then you will be able to gauge if your child fits in. Though it is a wonderful way of learning, it is not for everyone. And whatever we mommies say here, you really wont get an idea till you spend some time at the school.
    The one school I think rocks is Navadisha Montessori in Velachery. We really liked the place, but decided not to get our child there because we dont think K is suited to the system.

4. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Soumya, good luck finding a good education system for your little one. I feel unless you try out different options you may not find out what's best for your child? What works for one kid or even a bunch of kids that you know, may not work for yours. It's a good thing you posted this question here, but I would recommend not to make your decisions based on the postings here. Do some research on your own, visit the different schools, spend some time there, see how your kid reacts to the system and the learning methods involved and then make the final decision.

Raj

P.S - Thank you for starting this thread though. I don't have much knowledge about the Montessori system, and this thread will give me an opportunity to learn a little bit more about it. :thumbsup