1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very possessive...

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by shvap_786, Oct 13, 2008.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI mom's

MY daughter is 3.8 yrs old... she is going to KG1 now... she mingles with kids, play with them nicely share her toys... no issues about these... but she dont let me to play with her friends or my neighbour kids...

Even if i smile at them she dont like.. immediate her face will change , sometimes she will even cry... she used to ask me dont you laugh at me , dont you play with me... same situation for my DH too... she dont let both of us to play or talk with any kids... if we lift any kids it will be very diff to convince her....

i used to tell her so many stories based on this she will listen to all, very nicely but still reacts the same way.... all the other things if i tell she understands.. anything i tell she understands immediatley..what ever the steps i take in this issue i dont find any changes...

Worst thing is i used to go 5 mins walk from my house to her bus stop... some her school students seniors will be there... when they try to talk to me.. her face will change... that moment she wont tell anything... when she return from school she will come and ask me why did you talk to that akka... i find diffcult to overcome this situation...

very rare she dont even allow me to talk to my friends also...

she is my first child and only child too... she is first grand daughter to both of our families..

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi vahee,
    I thought you are telling about me.:).i was(is?) like that.i used to sulk and make a long face if parents talk or pamper other kids(cousins too).i remember once when i was in school my had taken a photo with a kid in her lap.I made a big issue by not talking to her and crying.bonk
    Now for the solution,i dont know.I am ok now.I am no longer jealous.Me too eager to know more replies.

3. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Vahee dear,

Time for another kid:idea... hee hee

Latha

4. lakshmy

lakshmy Senior IL'ite

Dear vahee,
    latha is right... if second child comes her possessiveness will go....

5. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

I wish my LO was at least a little possessive about me. Whatever i do to make her possessive, she doesn't react or care. She just wants me in around 5 meters distance, she takes time to adjust with strangers, but she doesn't mind me picking up any other kid, talking to them, even kissing or cuddling them. Wish she was at least somewhat possessive. Kids are of different nature - but slowly and steadily they all become ok. Dont worry - enjoy this stage also.

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Vahee, you could have been talking about K, really. He has pushed his much older, much bigger cousin down from the bed. If I had not caught that boy, he would have hurt himself. K does not vocalise yet, so I can only guess his thoughts.
    The only thing that's worked for me is to get him also involved in whatever I am doing. I know your situation is very different. If some child wants to cuddle with me or play, I ask K to come and sit on my lap and help me. I am hoping it is a phase and it will go away once he understands how much his parents love him. Hugs for you, I understand how difficult it is.

7. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI SUpriya...

You too... Are you a only child...

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI latha and lakshmy...

:eek:mg::eek:mg: cant think about one more pregnancy... i decided to stop with one... even my parents and in laws felt this solution only....

9. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI asha

BEfore she was like that she always keeps a eye on me and she will be comfortable only if i'm around... slowly she started playing with kids..

now she is able to understand everything and ask me with crying face...

Thanks for your reply...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  10. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Yes K... i could understand its one among their stages we need to accept some situations will be quite difficult... when she started going to shcool i find difficult to send her literally her teacher in the bus has to pull her from me... through IL friends i got a tip , its sending our picture with her... so till now she takes our picture to school... its in her school bag... she is convinced with that...

now this over possessiveness by mistaken if i smile also her face will become red... let me hope for the best thinking as u said its one stage...

thanks for you reply...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008