1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Buying shoes for a toddler in India

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Aadhusmom, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Well I'm back with my next project - we will be buying Aadhu his first pair of shoes next week and who better to ask for advice than all my favourite mothers? So here are my questions:
    1. Do you have a recommendation for a shop/brand in Chennai? Is Bata good enough?
    2. What kind is best - sandals/shoes/laces/velcro? How abt the squeaky kind with lights?
    3. Any other tips/pointers for me

Looking fwd to hearing from you all,

Vanathi.

2. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Vanathi,
    Though Iam not a regular here thougt I will give you some suggestions.
    Try the ones with velcro or the ones that can be slipped on. If with lace then each time you make them wear it you have to to tie it on, can become a struggle when they are in a mood to throw tantrums. Bata the one on TTK road has good collections, Bubblegummers is teh name of their kids shoes, Kobbler on the same road, is where is buy for my kids. The one with lights is good but squeaky is no longer available. Buy a size bigger than required so that you can use it with socks if need be.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Vanathi
    :wow Aadhu's getting his first pair of shoes. My vote is for the velcro straps and the squeaky kind with lights.
    I truly thought the velcro straps when it came out as the best invention:bowdown
    And kids love to see the lights and squeaky sounds too!!! Go for it Aadhu:)

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Janani - that was quick! That Bata was the one i was thinking of as its closest to home. i never knew that Kobler even had childrens shoes bonk Thanks for the tips and to me anyway you are a regular ( I knew you would answer this query :) )

Ok - i like those - my DH thinks they are "cheap" and his son shouldnt be wearing them.

V.

5. Jananikrithsan

Dear Vanathi,
    Thanks!!! Shopping is my (strong) forte and I love to keep track of what is available where!! My DH calls me shoppers reference expert. Im glad if I was of any help!! Kobbler has very nice stuff but pricey.
    Hurray!!! to Aadhu. Have a great break!!

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Isn't fun going toddler shoe shopping. Bubblegummers are too cute. They come in leather upper and cloth model. The cloth/canvas we found is no use in circulating air! K's feet smell eeewwww. The leather upper is much much better. Crocs are there everywhere, you will find them especially at Vanilla Place, right when you enter LOL.

7. Jananikrithsan

Hmm will check out Crocs, Thanks Krithika.

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Thanks Krithika - this is going to be fun ;-)

V.

9. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I second the opnon not to get ones with laces. I bought DS one pair (first pair of shoes) and wish I'd gone for the velcro. I too like Crocs!

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Janani
    I would not recommend crocs footwear for toddlers. There are many complaints that kids feet get caught in the back strap and they trip and fall. Its also been on the news. I too find it so.
    Small children and toddlers who run around more need comfortable and safety first footwear.
    Just my opinion.