1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

delayed speech

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by DeepthiN, Feb 13, 2016.

1. DeepthiN

DeepthiN New IL'ite

hi ladies,

my kid(boy) has crossed his 3 years.but still he has delay in speech.we asked pediatrician , they are asking us to wait.he could say all the preschool syllabus alphabets, numbers including some rhymes .but not mama papa.we are very much worried. today we went to speech therapist , she asked so many questions and says that he has mild autism.he is quite normal in other aspects. we stay in hyderabad. please suggest any speech therapist here.please help.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Deepthi,

Stay calm dear ... From your post I assume that he could say rhymes and other stuffs except addressing you as mom rt ... then why do you bother dear ? I think the doctor is misguiding you by saying autism ... As he up to his 3 years milestone ?

Jusy give this a try ... Ask your hubby to call you as mama and you call him as papa .. Very soon he will also address you accordingly dear ... Don't bother

2 people like this.
  3. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

I have heard several times boys talk rather slowly than girl babies. I have seen my relative's boy who wouldnt talk anything much when he was three. But now, he is in u.k.g and he is a non-stop chatterbox.

So dont worry, i too feel that the doctor might be misguiding you. But you can try teaching him mama and papa and other words and also show him kids movies to engage/learn him to pick up more

4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Could you answer below questions?

1. Does he recognize you and your husband
    2. Does he aware of strangers
    3. Does he take anything close to his eyes
    4. His eye contact is good?
    5. Play with his peers
    6. Recognize the known people
    7. Does he point

5. FemaleAdda

FemaleAdda Junior IL'ite

Dont get all bothered by the word autism.. It is a disease, but your boy can live a complete and happy life inspite it.. go for a second opinion.. and then start looking for a speech therapist..