1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

convertible car seat for toddlers

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sanjuruby3, Nov 23, 2015.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Can someone suggest good convertible car seat for 15 months toddlers? I want to get max value of money and have it used as last seat if possible.

we had bought 300$ infant car seat used only for 1 year...but we were FTM and not much idea. So this time I am little stingy before shelling out money.

I checked out stores, could not find much difference other than prices. All looked same to me and all were > 200$.

2. preesmiles

preesmiles Silver IL'ite

We are about to buy one of those car seats for our son as well so I am looking into those. Will let you know if we find some good brands :) My SIL gave us a couple of those Graco car seats that can be used from 5 lbs to 45lbs. But it's still good to have those infant car seats initially that also click into the stroller. I think we spent about $110 for ours (Graco) and it has lasted until now (30 lb 30 inch limit).

3. hereiam0111

hereiam0111 Junior IL'ite

okay not relevant but ftm means?

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

oh by ftm I meant First time mom/parents ;- ) .. I used wrong abbrev Should have been FTM sorry...

We have just bought Evenflo convertible. Have not used yet.. but about 150$.
    @presmiles - is you baby infant? If > 1 and planning to buy, then go for convertible as infant carseat become unusable around 1 yr. As i understand you already have few from SILs, then no need to buy infant car seat. We have one, but now we need to switch to bigger one.

5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

We have Graco 70 (goes to 70 lbs), it was about $150 from Amazon. For infants, I would suggest Chicco keyfit 30, the best seat in my opinion. We have used several different carseat through car rental and makes me feel good that we opted for Chicco, great head support and easy to lift. My son used it for 13 months and now my daughter is using it.

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We used Graco 70 too. Worked out well for us. Costed about $150 in Toys r us.