1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

development delay

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by pridithi, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pridithi

pridithi New IL'ite

Hi,
    My LO is 19 months old and still she is not walking by her own but stands and walks by support.I am very much worried abt her.I consulted a paediatrician and they suggested physio for some exercise.we were goin for physiotherapy and now they told to practice at home itself.Can you please pour in your experiences if u had.Will this affect my baby overall growth?

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

My 13 month has always been slow. She is slowest kid in her daycare to the extent that her teacher tells us. My ped and everyone had suggested its normal for some kids but I could have early intervention with physio therapist But I did not opt for it for timing reasons.
    But my friends went for it 1 / week or 1 in 14 weeks/ But I remember her baby started crawling after 2 classes. They do some excercises to stimulate leg movements.

You can also message at home with oil. I was told it helps. I was not doing it for my daughter( actually after first few months) but have started after hearing results.

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@pridithi Can your LO walk by holding your hands?

How long were the physiotherapy lessons? Did she achieve the previous milestones within the applicable time frame?