1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to cultivate hobbies to our kids....

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by VSwathi, Apr 25, 2015.

1. VSwathi

VSwathi New IL'ite

Hi,friends how all are good
    I am silent watcher of IL but now I too want to share and know new things...
    Hope you all guide me

I want to know how can I utilize my kid's summer holidays who is 3yr old ...

Thanks,
    Swathi

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You can do a lot of activities like :

Drawing, painting, craft (look up craft for 3 year olds online), reading stories and enacting them, swimming, bat and ball games for eye hand coordination, lots of music, singing, dance, time in parks, libraries, beaches.

Enjoy!

3. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Even I have the same question. I have a lot of hobbies and interests but I don't find the same enthusiasm in my kid. He is not interested in these activities. Please give me some ideas...

4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

It is important to let the child explore. Make a corner available to him where he can make a mess - get safe scissors for cutting, gum for pasting, paint etc. Put on old clothes and let the child loose. Help the child make greeting cards. Stick up the kids art on the fridge or on the doors to encourage the child. Have various kinds of music in the background. Get beads and thread and let the child make bracelets and necklaces. Make sure to read a book or two at bedtime. Set at least 30 min aside for outdoor play. Enrol the child in fun physical classes like swimming/ skating/ gymnastics etc. even blowing and popping bubbles will be fun. Get a beach ball and kick it about; make a hoop with your arms and get your child to throw the ball through. Encourage and praise the child. Set very low goals and slowly increase the difficulty levels. There are lots of little experiments you can do - take transparent glasses with water, use paint/ food colouring to form the 3 primary colours and get the child to pour two colours into another glass to make a third colour. The net is teeming with ideas.

Most important of all, keep the TV and any other gadgets turned off. And I mean off - adults watching grown up stuff doesn't help the child focus on other interests either.

2 people like this.
  5. VSwathi

VSwathi New IL'ite

Thank you for the ideas I tried all these but wanted more