1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to clean baby while toilet training?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by cooks2010, Mar 5, 2015.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

I have a 15 month year old and have just started to get her familiar with the toilet. I have a baby toiler seat which fits onto the seat of ours. The first time I put her on it and she liked it. She was curious about the whole underneath but didnt seem to mind.

I will be waiting to actually toilet train her until she can walk and stand properly. Right now she just takes a few steps and cannot stand for long...looses her balance.

My question is, when I actually do begin training, I am not sure how to go about wiping your baby's bum? I can't seem to figure out a good angle? What's your method? While they are on the toilet? or ask them to get off the toilet and stand?

Also, what should I do when taking her out to the mall / park etc...? Put her diaper on? or how to manage at a public restroom?

thanks,
    Cooks

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I slightly pull her forward .. she comes forward and leans to me holding me..I place a hand at the back to prevent her from tripping and clean it from the back. I use toilet paper and also water at home. In public places.. you can use toilet paper and wipes (that you can carry)..

1 person likes this.
  3. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Vanitha, that makes sense!!.

Cooks.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Cooks, i ask her to stand and bend a little so that her bum is visible for me to clean properly. When I started, I started wiping her with wet wipes. They cannot be flushed down though. Its only recently i switched to toilet paper (she is over 3 now).

5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

oohh I didnt know it cannot be flushed! thanks for the information!!!

My own kid isnt in that age yet but i know from other moms arround me that they still use diapers when going to public places like playground even after their kid goes without at home, just to prevent from anything happening as the child might be distracted or it happens when excited and they might get already embarassed if its visible at that age or atleast it will be troubling to dry and clean their cloths then fastly, so i would still use the nappies for longer in public and then slowly start to get used without at home.. but as i said my kid isnt in that age yet...