1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a neglect

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetyk, Oct 30, 2014.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

My daughter(2 1/2+) acted different today at her school. Every day she just runs to her teacher to hug her and looks happy. But today she was hesitant. She was crying and then I simply dropped her and went out and peeped in from glass window for few mins.

She was standing in a corner. I obeserverd the teacher did not show any interest to come and hug her..ask her to start work. Nothing.

I waited for 5 mins. She was standing in a corner just like that. I felt bad.

What do u think is there any neglect from teacher?

Please let me know your view.

Sweety

2. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I think something definitely happened day before. Please go ask the teacher and your daughter. Sort it out.

3. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

This is not something to ignore and please do not ignore it.

Once your daughter come, please ask her (I am not sure if you talk to her about day after coming back, if no, please start). while playing something or telling some stories and next day discuss with her teacher. Do not say any thing directly to teacher ..just say she was very upset or cranky yesterday.

My daughter is very sensitive and some time get upset if teacher say anything loudly to her. But since she has habbit of telling her whole day to me and DH..she tell us everything including what did her teacher say to her or any friend in class.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Could she have had time before you saw her to be standing in time out?

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Some children are sensitive and take a even a firm voiced instruction from the teacher to heart.

Some children get too emotionally connected to the teacher which is also not very desirable. The teacher has to sometimes try and create a little less dependence on her.

Some children become possessive about the attention they get from the teacher and feel bad if some other child gets more attention some day(the other child could be new or sick)

Talk to the teacher casually if she had a tiff with someone as she was feeling a bit low.

Talk to your child too.

6. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Yes she was very cranky yesterday.

Thank you all. What I did is. I went to her school in lunch time today. I wantd to observe what is happening with out teachers notice. I saw all kids having lunch. My daughter was in restroom. Then after a while she came and was standing at the door(rest room door). Her diaper at her feet and was standing for some help to remove the diaper and help pull her the pants..etc. I saw the teacher did not respond for a while. (ok she was serving other kids..)After a while she screamed at her..and then went into to help her..then after that my dd came out ..there was nothing in her plate..and then she put her plate in a dust bin and was helping her self to wash her hands..

I am seriously skeptic if she even ate any thing..I feel the teacher is surly impatient with my dd.

Should I talk to principal?? will it help or worst the situation..I am even thinking if I have change this school...

sweety

7. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

OP,

My heart goes for you and your DD. In your first post you said that your DD was very happy togo to teacher, then why the teacher is behaving like this..is she new substitute teacher or the same one from the beginning of this year.

If I were you, I will talk to the teacher during drop-off or pick up and will discuss any routine changes in your DD, hows she in this week, sometimes teachers will loose patience, as they have to handle group of kids at a time, but that is not acceptable every time of the day. If there is no welcoming response from teacher then best to discuss with the head of the center.

We had same type of experience, I tried talking to both teacher and center head, nothing helped us with situation, then we changed to different daycare.

Dont worry, soon you will sort out this.

8. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Hey Sweetyk,

Dodn't talk to teacher /principle first. When your DD come back,,take her on trust and ask how was your day..what you did..did you go bathroom (even i ask my DD did you go to potty/shushu) and wait till she tell you story what happened. Go to teacher tomorrow and tell her she is very cranky from last two days and even not ready to come school..Hopefully your teacher should say anything what happened and you can tally with your DD version (atleast if it's not the exact same..it should be nearby)

If you are not satisfied with teacher's response then go to principle. I donno for others but for me no one has right to shout on my daughter without any mistake (and this is not your daughter's mistake). Per me, this is highest time to concentrate on your daughter and her activities and school .

PS - I am saying because I had faced this in my childhood when I was hardly 4 year old (I recall everything, how my class teacher were scolding and hitting me in front of other kids without reason . and I was deadly scared to go school and it affected by personality until my mother realized something is wrong)

9. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

OP: If I were you my DD would have been out of that school yesterday the moment I noticed her with diapers down waiting for help. Even if you talk to the principal you will get typical answer like oh see we have too many kids and at 2.5yrs your DD should be independent blah blah.. My heart goes to your DD poor kid.. I have a DD and I will not tolerate such schools.. That's it.

2 people like this.
  10. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

And please start a habbit of discussing your DDs daily routine with her once she is back. This way she will narrate you whole day and you will also be confident that you are aware what is going on. Since she is 2.5 year old, this is right time to start.