1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 22 months old needs me beside him while sleeping

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Lavanya30, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends

I have a 22 months old boy, who sleeps well as long as I am beside him, the moment I move out he wakes up in no time, I just do not know how he senses it? This happens even with his afternoon naps, he is a sound sleeper as long as I am beside him, he wakes up when I move away from him. Has any one of you had this experience ? Please suggest how do I make him sleep with out me being beside him ?

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

He's not feeling cosy cosy!! Is he in a cold area, does this place have a draft? Or he maybe hungry ??

You could cover him up more, put some pillows to hug, keep the windows closed and move quietly away - kids feel colder than adults in the same weather.

Does he have milk/water/food before going to sleep? Ensure he's not hungry!

Does he go to pee before going to sleep - if he needs to pee he might not sleep soundly!

If you have the old fashioned saree from the ceiling jhoola, use it now, they enjoy it, it is warm and cosy and you can rock it whenever he seems restless! You can add a small baby duvet inside the jhoola too

1 person likes this.
  3. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Hi Hrastro,

Thanks for you tips. We live Fairfax which is a cold place, but it's summer now. There is no draft,I donot think its the cold. Yes I put pillows around him.

My little does not drink milk, yeah I ensure his stomach is full before he goes to bed, after dinner, I usually give him fruits as he does not drink milk.

He is still in his diapers.

Let me try the Jhoola, thank you for the tips :) :)

1 person likes this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Try leaving your unwashed t-shirt next to him while he is asleep. When my dd was just a couple of months old, "mum's smell" seemed to make her sleep a little longer. Perhaps the same will help your son.

2 people like this.
  5. Lavanya30

Lavanya30 Silver IL'ite

Thank you guesshoo, this sounds good. Let me try it.

6. LuvLadoo35

LuvLadoo35 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the tips girls. My 2 yr old behaves the same. I am going to try the suggestions listed.