1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I so want to take a vacation BUT with my twins ???? help plz..

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by anika987, Jul 23, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I cried today morning so bad not coz I hate doing housework or taking care of my cutey pies BUT..i want some change!

dh is sweet and he gives me time off BUT I admit I feel envious when I see people posting their vacation pics in lovely clothes and looking like a heroin

I used to vacation a lot before and now it has been 3 yrs (including pregnancy) since I have gone anywhere with my hyper hyper toddlers!

Hmm..how I wish I can sit in Hawaii and bask in the sun!when will this dream come alive?

any moms of twins or 2 kids close to age plz answer?

2. kriztina

kriztina Bronze IL'ite

I can feel what you are going through. I have only kid who's 2 years we have kept our vacations and camping going except obviously when I was pregnant. If you really feel you want to get out of the routine rut, try going to nice hotels or motels in your state or city. Not very far from your place if things go out of control you can come back home. Here only thing I feel is your hubby should help you with one twin completely and you can manage another one. Pack things required for the kids bit more in supply then your good to go. Probably if you can tell any specific problem you face while travelling with the toddlers I can try to see things through it. Assume you are staying in the states you would have definitely seen how the locals manage the kids , we can take a leaf or 2 from them. Something to engage the kids during the ride play their fav song or a toy or whatever kids like.

1 person likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks so much kriztina:)sweet of u to reply..the thing I,if I could be very honest....I want a REAL VACATION..meaning going to some exotic place like carribean or out of country or Hawaii.I have been to Hawaii once and it was too blissful so I yearn for it more:(I don't know if iam overexpecting..just that most of my relatives r vacating this time and I see many fb posts with vacation pics makes me yearn more:)

4. kriztina

kriztina Bronze IL'ite

I completely get that man how it feels to be in an exotic destination with our lovely family hugsmiley. If you are really keen try to plan well in advance discuss with hubby about the holiday in detail. Plan really well to the lowest level especially with the twin toddlers. From wipes, food, diaper, medicines, toys, clothes , bug spray depending on the place you visit. You may feel im silly if your really prepared well with essentials then you can have fun filled time. Try doing a road trip get a cooler then your good to go. You can pack food for kids required for one serving in different boxes. Decide accordingly on the number of days you wish to stay. Have some new toys to keep you kids entertained for longer, don't show them until they start tantrums in the trip :shhh:. Check for family friendly destinations. It's not that tough it's more in our head. If you feel kids don't do good in long distance journey by car, then opt to fly. This would be easy.Now forget locals, don't we all fly with the toddlers to India so yeah you can make it. And once you have made it to your vacation don't forget to posts it. :thumbsup. Enjoy life when you can is what I believe. Obviously my LO comfort will be my utmost priority.

1 person likes this.
  5. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kalpana,
    i have twin boys 3yr old, when they were 1 yr old we went to india for 1 month trip. i left my kids with grandparents and went to maldives, that's the best vacation we ever had.. i can understand what u mean by real vacation.. this is the only way to spend some our time. my other friend who has twins.. she invited her parents to US and they left for 1 week vaction on cruise.. that way u have peaceful mind.. while u take vaction.

1 person likes this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Try a resort holiday. It could be anywhere with a beach and a great hotel with good food and kids facilities. Will be great.

1 person likes this.
  7. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

OP: Parenting and Motherhood are huge role and big responsibility in every couples life. But having a kid does not mean you should stop enjoying. You can plan your vacation to places where kids and you can enjoy like a resort, water park, beach house, even HAWAII with kids is possible. But having a kids will surely change things over and this is something you should have foreseen. Like most said you sure can leave your kids to your parents or in laws and definitely enjoy a vacation. I know a lot of people who do Baby moon for there second kid by leaving first one some where.

To me, you don't get a break and being at home makes you frustrated. You should definitely take girls night or day out and enjoy with your friends over weekend so that the father can bond with kids. Two is definitely a lot and I have two but since I work I get my time and I always look forward to meeting them in evening. In fact my eagerness starts right about noon.

We love vacations but these days all our vacations are planned around the kids as I don't like to leave my kids with anybody and enjoy. - This is just IMO. Toddler phase is tough but remember when you grow old you will be yearning for this phase. Just enjoy what you have and plan things accordingly.

1 person likes this.
  8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Good suggestions....resorts and asking grand parents to come over, most people do it.

Well, I have been going out with kids, its not the same as newly weds but its also rewarding. Looking forward for days when my both kids are 10+ and we all go hiking or cycling and have LOADS of fun.

1 person likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

awesome advices all! thanks so much.

As for grandparents, I do not have my dad but my mom says she can watch over if kids stay with her.My inlaws want to join us for the vacation and they absolutely do not want to watch the kids:) I have been informed of that.

but I can plan really well in advance like u lovely ladies suggested:)
    Hawaii..here I come!!