1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MY BABY GIRL --- SITS ON TABLES ---pls help to revert attention

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by VaniVyas, Apr 24, 2014.

1. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,

I am a working woman who is blessed with a baby girl. I leave my girl in the morning time itself to a maid who comes to our home. She is a good lady and takes care of my baby well. The problem is my girl is so naughty these days that she pulls the chair and stands on it. She uses the chair to sit on dinning table, dressing table and tv stands. She does not want to play around in the rooms. If we are held up with kitchen activities and suddenly rush to see her, I get the shock of my life. When I see her sitting on the dinning table and enjoying stuffs kept there....

If I keep her down it takes at least 1 hr to bring her to control as she cries and shouts that she wants to sit there only. She is 1.5 yrs old. Is it okay??/
    I am very sacred to do any work in kitchen. I don't get any concentration. I have to be always behind her.

Please suggest some ways to get her out of this?? any game ideas or ways to divert her attention.... Are all children like this??

2. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Please post if you had similar experiences and how did you overcome this!!!

3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi VaniVyas,

I came to say, yes my daughter is currently doing this.. Climbs on foot stools to reach the things kept in higher shelves.. And if there is a song on tv, she dances while standing on the chair/table and I am :eek:mg:
    It really gives me a scary feeling Witsend

Its good at the baby sitter's house, there are no places or chairs which she can climb..
    She even climbs the sofa and want to jump the other way.. I guess its normal

1 person likes this.
  4. preethiitech

I tried to make her get down from the chair, and clap hands to encourage her.. She loves me clapping hands for what she does.. But this backfired..

She climbed over the chair a 100 times, and climbed down again and wanted me to keep on clapping :clap It became like her favourite game :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  5. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@vani Yes it is quite normal. Keep telling a firm NO. Kids will cry when we stop them from doing their favorite activity. Whenever you see her trying to climb on to the table distract/engage her in a different activity.

6. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

See... these children are much smarted than us... How can we leave them for a second... Always in tension calling her name at least 1000 times a day...

7. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your comments. I am trying to stop her but she never seems bothered.:hide:

8. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

Yes itz normal....even my daughter was like that....she used to climb on sofa backrest and sit on top of it...she never played like girls with toys when she was a toddler, she loved jumping and climbing....she used to always climb the arm rest and then sit on the sofa....itz normal but at the same time very dangerous aswell if nobody is watching her....you or the maid should be behind her all the time..as she grows up she will change dont worry ab0out that...

1 person likes this.
  9. preethiitech

Aryastark,

Have you implemented this idea?
    Kids wants to be everywhere except the places which are meant for them like crib, playard, play pen, confined space with toys.. I have tried all of these several times.. And what works best for my Lo is she near me in the kitchen playing with cups and spoons..

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes, its normal. Mine also started climbing on tables (2+) and she loves it. But one question though, has she really taken a fall anytime? Mine didnt, even though she has done it 100's of times. Initially I was scared like you but my DH said that give her some time, maybe she knows exactly how to get on and off without getting hurt. True to his word, so far she hadnt fallen (touch wood).

But its not safe to leave a 1.5 year old anyway thatway; even now when mine is on table, I am near by.

Keep her in the kitchen. Like the previous poster said, the stainless steel plates and glasses are pretty entertaining for them.