1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My DD teeth is breaking into pieces. plz help

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by DhayaShankari, Apr 16, 2014.

1. DhayaShankari

DhayaShankari Bronze IL'ite

Hi my DD is one and half years, am still BFing Her. Her upper four teeth has changed to yellow color, and two teeth in that is falling into pieces. I just rub het teeth with hand now only Started brushing. Am very much upset plz anybody help me

2. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

Take her to doctor. check if she is getting enough calcium. Sometimes because of some medical problems calcium starts getting depleted from teeth etc. Doctor can tell what should be done. Good luck. BM is not the cause of it. Many many ladies give BM for much longer but after 6 months it just acts like a snack, not the meal.

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Did she ever fall? Did the colour change happen suddenly or is it there from birth? Change in colour could be trauma or genetic.Without knowing the history or the tooth that is in question, I can tell that your daughter is just 1.5 years, she doesn't have any permanent teeth yet. The ones that have fallen must be her baby teeth. So don't be alarmed. You have to visit a dentist though because if she has any infection, it will affect the permanent teeth which is damaging.

1 person likes this.
  4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Pediatric dentist visit is the way to go. I BFed my DD till she was 22 months old. BFing cannot be the reason for yellowing or broken teeth.

Are you using fluoride free toothpaste?

5. zales

zales Silver IL'ite

Take her to a dentist asap!

6. DhayaShankari

I took her today doc said she has nursing bottle tooth decay, becoz of feeding milk at night the lactic acid stays and causes decay. So asked me to stop feeding her. Her teeth is falling of more in bits now. An very much worried.
    The doctor says we have to give general anaesthesia and solve the prob, I dunno wat to do

7. DhayaShankari

Hi ramya,
    I use Colgate only. She spits it.
    Mistake I did is I started brushing her now only.
    Feeling very guilty bout it

8. han412

han412 Gold IL'ite

Please take her to a dentist ASAP . Brush her teeth 2-3 times a day with Koldent Forte Tooth Powder, don't use a tooth paste. BM cannot be the reason for the decay I breastfed my DD till she was exactly 2 years old.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  9. DhayaShankari

Hi,
    Thank for the reply!
    This is what the dentist said to avoid BM that too
    Specially at night. So that it stops as it is now. Since she is very little now can do filing only if she is atleast 3 years. And he said if further decay starts out will cause prob in permanent teeth. Now her is chipping little. Very much scared of this now.

10. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@dhaya The effect of BM on causing carries in teeth is still a debatable topic. Some dentists strictly argue that BM is the reason but some dont. Teach her to gargle once she finishes eating. Brush her teeth twice a day.