1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions - Leaving my 2 year old DD in Daycare

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by anurar20, Apr 16, 2014.

1. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,

Please help me. My DD is 2 yrs old all these days my SIL was taking care now that she is due next month after baby she cant take care of my baby. My niece is 3 yrs but she is taking her to her moms place.

My mom is not ready to leave her job and dad sometimes says he will take care but sometimes he says no. don't know where to leave my DD. i am in dilemma.

My hubby decided just check with my dad again or to my DD to daycare. i am afraid to send her to daycare. she never use to mingle with any one. i don't know how she will adjust there. i cant leave my job right now since i have financial crisis.

Please suggest me what to do and working moms please help me if you are kids in daycare how they take care? please

a worried mom

2. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Search for a good daycare around your area, look for parents reviews, and also test it with your kid for a week. If she seems healthy and happy to go there, then all Set, Ready, GO//

BUT> it all depends on your homework of searching for a proper daycare

And since you have asked, my kid's babysitter cares for her, gives her lunch, different varieties everyday, nutritious snacks, and plays with kids, talks to them etc. TV time is limited. and ensures the kid takes her afternoon nap...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Anu Do not have a negative thought regarding day care. Day cares have evolved. Your DD is 2 years old. Yes, she would be crying and there would be separation aniety. Once your DD settles down, she will start thriving. Her social skills will improve. She will have fun being with kids of similar age. You are setting a foundation for starting school.

As preethi has mentioned do your research in terms of choosing a day care. Check this thread for pointers: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/infants/174261-tips-choosing-day-care-toddlers.html

2 people like this.
  4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Title could be better changed to "LEAVING.. "

Sister Anurar20, Best wishes and happy birthday to your DD (think she is APRIL born). SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anurar, Daycares these days are not as it was 10 years ago. They have come a long way. You need to do proper research and find out the best daycares near your area. My suggestion would be to leave her at the daycare, even if your sister in law is at home. The reason is, 2 year old needs to be around the kids of her own age to really thrive. Of course, this doesn’t mean she wouldn’t, if she didn’t go to daycare (none of us did when we were that age).
    Her communication, social skills and over all personality will improve once she starts going to the daycare.

Most daycares have specific schedules which include playtime, rhymes time, crafts time and other age appropriate activities. It all depends on the daycare you choose. Have no second thoughts about it and don’t be worried. She may take a few days to settle down there as she had been at home for all these days but she will get the hang of it soon. Expect crying for a few days which will only last…for a few days.

1 person likes this.
  6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    As other Ilites have suggested do a good homework on the daycares around your place and try to zero down that suits you the best. The daycare that my DD goes to has time set aside for rhymes,sleeping, playing in the play ground etc.They even take extra care during each changing season.And also doesnt make kids above 1.5years wear diaper.
    Since your LO is 2years,it would be a little tough at the start. You can ask your mom or dad to take your LO for 2 or 3 hours for the first week or if possible take hald day leave for first week. Gradually by second week s/he would get adjusted more to the day care and wont be as cranky as s/he was in first week.Also you can check with them daily on how well s/he ate that day, whether did potty, how active was s/he etc.

1 person likes this.
  7. Butterflies123

Butterflies123 New IL'ite

Hi,

am looking for a good Playschool in and around kk nagar, Ashok nagar for my niece. Can somebody suggest some good Playschool. Thanks

1 person likes this.
  8. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

Op
    no other go for working moms. We have to leave our babies in day care. Initially they may take time. But once they r settled they will not have probleb

1 person likes this.
  9. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

Hello anu,

my son doesnt mingle with anyone in our society... at the park nor in school... many kids at school know his name... he doesnt know any names... they pull him to play... he doesnt involve anyone... he goes to playschool and now school... and he didnt cry the first day when he went to both...
    go ahead and find daycare... there are many in bangalore (came to know from your profile that you are from bangalore) which are good i have heard as my cousins and now nieces and nephews go... my cousins are almost reaching college and they are attached to the lady from their daycare still... and nephew turned 2 yesterday and he is in daycare from 1 yr now i guess as both parents working!! and he enjoys it!!

all the best...
    ammani

1 person likes this.
  10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions...........