1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hard stools- blood and tearing

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetyk, Mar 6, 2014.

1. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Please I need your suggestions urgently. My daughter is having hard stools. Sh has lot of pain while passing stools. Since two days I see drop of blood because the skin is tearing.

She normally have 24 ounces of 2% milk. I want to drastically reduce milk intake now.

She is not drinking prune juice. She is even not eating much fruits, vegetables.

Please reply me does more milk causes hard stools. What other foods I can offer. I am trying to give pear, adding oats in rice.

Sweety

2. Amywos

Amywos Bronze IL'ite

Soak handful of raisins in some water and feed her the water. If she is old enough to eat, u can give her raisins too, but raisin water helps.
    For my son who is almost 2, few ounce of apple juice (Mine is the one without concentrate.) works like a charm, ALL THE TIME.
    Try to get her Doc's opinion too. Good Luck !

3. sweetyk

sweetyk Gold IL'ite

Thank you Sowmya. Do you offer store bought apple juice? which brand. I tried making fresh apple/pear juice but she does not drink at all.

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Looks like she is highly constipated.

1. In empty stomach 1/2 cup warm jeera water or ajwain water. You can add honey for sweetness. This works very well for constipation.
    2. For some kids milk causes constipation. Try reducing the quantity and see.
    3. If she is in too much pain you can give mylicon drops (0.6 ml for 2 yr old). This will help relieve pain and ease constipation.

You can try apple sauce. Give her yogurt.

If she stands while pooping, try to get her in a squatting position.

1 person likes this.
  5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Purée of a steamed apple has always helped this.
    Raisin water
    Yogurt

Physical activity if a toddler; encourage playing

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Repeated use of antibiotics/ or medications are known to cause constipation Sweety. Unfortunately, we have o deal with this.
    Apart from all the fiber rich foods suggested above, you can try adding chia/flax seeds powder in her food. Instead of prune juice, you can try gerber prune puree.
    And yes, massage on tummy with castor oil, followed by a long soak in a tub filled with warm water with extra bubbles.

If its as bad as tearing, my suggestion is to consider getting a laxative syrup and give it to her.

1 person likes this.
  7. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

You didn't mentioned the age...

Just check did you change or given any new food item from past few days..

We faced same problem with my son when he is 3yrs old.. Instead of junior horlicks, we bought normal one.. Its caused for constipation..

so check it..

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

give her some okra curry if she eats not many likes it but my son likes it when its fried... that helps very fast too...

give her water melon it helps for my son as its all water content it made him go very free motion...

give her gerber juice they had apple/pear together.. but apple alone also helps....

9. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

pear juice actually doesn't taste good thatswhy she don't want it.. but trying giving her apple juice... welchs is good... or you want to be on safe side how about gerber brand if she is below 3 yrs...

10. satyasmiles

satyasmiles Senior IL'ite

Hi

even i dealt with same when my son was 2 years old. i tried medicines and changed doctors as well.they suggested some tests also but nothing worked. at last my mom unable to bear this bought medicine MILK OF MAGNESIA.my son was relived.later i asked doctor he said its ok to use. try this