1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Play school for 1.5 year old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sasish, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Sasish

Sasish New IL'ite

I have a 1.5 year old girl baby. I am planning to send her to a nearby play school for 2 reasons.
    1. I am planning to look for a job in couple of months. Though I have my MIL, she might find it difficult to take care of her full time.
    2. She would be more disciplined and would be happy to be with her own age group.

But I am concerned if she would get mentally disturbed as she is only 1.5 years. Please suggest me based on your experiences.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

well,its really nice of you to plan before hand & its really commendable about your decision of not relying on your MIL...........

where do you live India or abroad.....many schools abroad have option of sending kids 2-3 days a week.....I am not sure about India but if it is not possible in India you can send child to school for 2-3 days a week & let her stay at home rest of the week......slowly increase her school going days till she adjusted......many kids go to crèche or day care when they are 1-2 mths old & as such there is no problem in mental growth......still if you are concerned you can postpond your job finding plans to 6 mths or so.....nothing can beat the comfort & security a child feels in his/her mothers presence & if you can afford it then give her your time.

I send my sons to play school at age of 2.3 year & they loved it....initially they did cry for few days but adjusted soon......

the 1st six mths of school the kids do get sick a lot with flu,cough cold,stomacjhe trouble...as they come in touch with lots of other kids ....

all the best

1 person likes this.
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sasish, Welcome to Indus Ladies.
    Kids at 1.5 years love to socialize. In the first 2 weeks they show resistance as they are not used to being away from mom/MIL but that will adjust in a few days-weeks. Don't worry about having negative impact. They will have positive impact for sure. Just make sure you research properly about the play school and enroll her.

1 person likes this.
  4. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

hello sasish,
    i am not sure of age and all that... i put my son at age 2 (soon after his second bday)...in INdia playschool will be mostly 5-6 das a week... for 2 hours... once the kid gets used to being there they love it and miss it when its off day! they play sing learn...my son's vocabulary improved alot and he is picking up new words everyday!! there are many things he wants to do himself nowadays!!
    first day will be half hour play. with parent/guardian present and then after a day or two increaae time and then the kid is just dropped and picked ffrom school... my son stayed the second day whole the time without me... so was easy for me...

1 person likes this.
  5. Smitham84

Smitham84 Gold IL'ite

@ Sasish My DD is 2.2 yrs now . she started going to play school ((2hrs a day) when she was 1.8 yrs. I'm not working now , but I sent her to play school at that age just because she was getting bored at home and she loves to have people around her.

the plus points are , her vocabulary has increased a lot , she learned to share things with others , she learned some manners , learned new games etc. she love going there .actually I leave her in their day care if I've to go out / have some urgent work (they charge extra for this ) .
    Over all , its a good idea to send them to play school if they don't have many people at home to mingle with .

6. Sasish

Sasish New IL'ite

Thanks all for your suggestions.

7. kunika

kunika New IL'ite

You are thinking right about your child.A play school help to generate dicipline in your child nature.Here at the magic online we are providing the day care for children.

8. navitasharma

navitasharma New IL'ite

Mother’s Pride offers complete day care facilities for children. You can send your child here as the school has a very safe and secure environment.