1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

pull ups

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by breeze01, Jul 26, 2013.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

From what age did you put your kid on pull ups?

I want to keep my kid who is 16th month old on pull ups and start on potty training but before i start i want to know its okay to put him on pulls ups/ your experience,suggestions,advices

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Breexe, my understanding of pullups is that, its stared when ever you are staring potty training. If you intend to start the training now, then you need to start him on pulls up.
    Actually, you dont have to have pull-ups. There are lots of people who have done it without pull ups with just being diaper free/ or with a regular diaper.

Of course, if your LO is going to daycare, they will ask pullups for convenience.

1 person likes this.
  3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I started potty training my dd when she was 18-20 months old. I have never used pull ups and even now dont. Mainly because my DD's waist is too small for the smallest pull up size!

I used shorts/panties/pants while potty training.

1 person likes this.
  4. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

yes i want to start him on potty training but i guess pull ups would be better if your potty training as its easy to take off and put them back again.i can start him without diapers/pull ups on then it would be double work for my mom who is already doing lot of work.maybe i need to start him on the weekends.

Rakhi thanks for the reply he doesnt go to daycare, just home with grandma.

ramya thanks for reply maybe i need to buy him some panties and start lets see how it works.