1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Teething symptoms (Molars)

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by ramyaramani, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

My DD (18 months old) has been having loose stools for the past 15 days. I can see her molars coming out. 3 are all already out. 1 is just peeking through. Is it common to have loose stools for such a long period of time?

I am just giving regular food at this time (including fruits and veggies). I tried giving arrow root porridge and sabudana porridge. Both seem to stop the loose stools for couple of hours only. Should I stop giving fruits/veggies?

I did visit the doctor regarding this but they suggested stool culture test. It has been just a month since DD had all these tests. This time I am not interested in taking these tests.

Also DD wakes up in the night crying. I applied orajel once and she slept peacefully that night. I am not comfortable using orajel daily. Is this kind of crying in the night common during this time?

Thanks in advance.

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Ramya,

Kids will have loose stools but not for such a long time. It is not good for the kid to have loose stools. According to your previous posts your daughter was underweight for her age group but you managed to get her in the chart. This will be effecting her badly. If she is having any bit of allergic food stop it immediately. Get the stool test done. Can you get homeo medicines at your place. If you dont have problem then try Calc phos 30 for three times a day for 2days.. this is the best medicine for trouble teething and loose stools. Homeo medicines have some medicine for trouble teething you can buy them.. they help wonderfully.. no side effects.. i used them for my son. There is some biochemic medicine too.. if you want to try then post here i will look for the biochemic number..
    Go for the test as this is the age when kids put a lot of things in mouth which can cause some infection and she is teething too.. So here is a bit confusion we can't ignore.. if you get homeo medicine try that.. if it is only due to teething just 2doses will control her stools. If infection then you must get medicine.
    tc

3. ramyaramani

@padmash Thank you for replying. I think I need to provide more information. Dd has been pooping 3-4 times. But the stools are not runny just loose. On some days her stools are ok. She is active, has good appetite (for snacks mainly), no signs of fever, tiredness. I have completely shifted to gluten free food for the past 10 days. I will check if I can get the homeo medicine.

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Ramya,

I guess you dont have to worry if 3-4stools are there. When we didnt had allergy test for my son he used to have 5-6 stools sometimes hard sometimes loose. Once we controlled allergic food then there was improvement in stools. Check if you are giving lot of roughage to your daughter. For one or 2days give her less fruits and vegetable.. give rice porridge or something like that soft on tummy and easy to digest.. sometimes lot of roughage too causes this problem..

5. ramyaramani

@padmash I will try that. Thank you for the suggestion. I stopped giving her wheat products after our discussion in the other thread.