1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible two tantrums

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by RamyaSridhar1978, Dec 5, 2012.

1. RamyaSridhar1978

RamyaSridhar1978 Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies
    I am facing the terrible two tantrums stage with my kids ... Imagine my plight ( with two ) . Though I have read enough theories on how to handle etc... I need some day to day practical solution...
    Most of the written literature seems good enough on paper but just covering facts which is known but very few give actual partial solutions...
    Experienced ladies your inputs since that's the best teacher..
    How do you handle tantrums related to a xyz dress ? ...
    Let me give you an eg- I have a tough time to ready up my son in the nursery ( (pplayschool) uniform... He immed says car dress no this.
    .. With limited time in hand in te morning it's tough to handle him and convince him to wear the uniform ( the playschool has okyed occasional willingness of not being in a uniform but they and even I believe if I give in to this .. He will never be ready to wear the uniform ... And will always insist to wear a casual dress.
    Another classic thing was he refused to wear plain black shoes ... To school .. At first I convinced him to wear by putting car stickers ...on it..
    Later when he realized that it would come off he wouldn't wear it. I had to buy n expensive pair with actual car stuck/ stitched in the side . Now he wears it without any trouble.
    I need practical solutions to overcome... These kinds of tantrums ( ziddi attitude ) needs to be changed ?
    Pl help

Ramya

2. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi ramya,

Even i have twin daughters (3.3 years). They also go to play school. Why don't you discuss these (uniform and shoes) with their teacher. For my kids teachers are God like for them. Their teachers also tell them in a loving manner so they listen to them. My kids also asked me why are you putting white socks everyday for us? I have told them principal mam has asked them to wear so they have to wear. they are okay with it.

everyday is a new experience for us. i make them do coloring, see books, play with blocks. You really need to be on your toes to keep them engaged. That moment whatever is coming in my mind i tell to divert them from that tantrum.

shara

1 person likes this.
  3. RamyaSridhar1978

Thanks . It's a nice suggestion.. Let me try this. .. Actually it's good to connect with another twin mom because I believe our worries are quite different from mo s having single or different aged kids.
    I guess girls are relatively obedient. My daughter listens but my son is my terror kid .... Being a boy his voice pierces loud and clear :)
    You are right it's a big big challenge to manage twins ... I am told at 3 they will be better .. My kids are 2.8 yrs
    Please kit
    Ramya

1 person likes this.
  4. Paruchava

Paruchava Bronze IL'ite

Hi even iam the mother of twins boys 3years.iam sending them to play school.iam not able to manage the little one he is so hyper active he beats the other one every minute iam not able to explain him not to do that type of things?can u help me how u manage them and their daily routine time table,food

5. RamyaSridhar1978

Hi paru
    Glad to meet another twin mom . My kids are 3.3 mnths now . I too send them to playschool . Yes! He is beating me ... She has taken my toy etc. is a common phenomena in my household now . I just try to explain well .. Make them realise that you need to share . There are times when I buy xyz thing only one piece . One of them will insist to buy two. My girl has now relatively realized that I can't take risk my bro will hit me. I think she has automatically learned to adjust .
    Regarding timetable .. Well in the morning they are off to school , come back have lunch a nap , get up play ... They love coloring off late .i have printouts of their fav characters ..... Watch some tv .... Have snacks Have dinner as early as 7.00 take them to park ... Back home have milk .. Sleep latest thy sleep by 9.30-45 . .

1 person likes this.
  6. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Ok I can definitely understand the pain coz I what I go through to ready my 3.3 yr is terrible. I can imagine doubling that pain.

Luckily for me he first goes to creshe & aunty there drops him to school so he will just not be ready to wear uniform when I try but readily gets ready at creshe.

Try giving them stars. My DS sometimes falls in for that.

7. RamyaSridhar1978

Thanks DG Creative
    But probably yu didn't notice it was an old thread . Now I have no issues with my kid wearing uniform though car shoes still holds on :)
    thanks anyways ... Btw that problem got solved on its own after few mnths of school perphaps with age ( more maturity ) develops .