1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parenting the kid in Joint family

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by kmraghav, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kmraghav

kmraghav New IL'ite

Hi Moms

I have a kid of age 2.2 yrs. The problem I am facing is with my Mother-in-law approach in playing with my kid.She always encouraging my kid to play with my brother-in-law by having fun fight with him. She ask my son to start fight with him.I am really worried of this play. He might enjoy and continue this with other kids or someone. If i say to my son he will obey it ,but I couldn't say in front of my mother-in-law.

As of now I just told to my son that these fights he can only do with my brother-in-law and not to any one. He is following that but I want to stop this fun fight play. Can you all suggest some way to do this?

2. rajisarvan

rajisarvan Senior IL'ite

hi,

i feel there is nothing wrong in the fun fights. tell him what u r currently telling him now.
    Its all a form of enjoyment. we can do this only with kids. So u also enjoy the scene.

3. kmraghav

kmraghav New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. Its ok until he dont do this with others.. lets c :)

4. Nithyagirl

Nithyagirl Bronze IL'ite

When you are in joint family you need to have lots of patience. Don't take littl things serious. I think you dont have to worry too much. Elders wont teach anything harmful to small children. Dont worry kmraghav