1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can Adenoids be cured without surgery? Please help, very important

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by vidukarth, Feb 7, 2012.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Dear Bhagawathy,

Thanks for your response. Yeah, we do not want to go for surgery. When I read articles over the net, i get confused. Some talk about sleep apnea and which may have other long term effects etc. In fact, our ped has asked us to check her breathing pattern at night and see if she pauses for a long time. If so, she said we have to fix with surgery, otherwise, we can wait for sometime.

Hm.. wondering and am so disturbed with this.
    Thanks for your response. Hope your son is doing good too.

2. Subha2309

Subha2309 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidukarth,

My son who is 3 Y 2 M old has the same problem. Though his pediatrician was indicating surgery, we are not for it. Hence not doing much about it, except treating his cold & other symptoms. He does have snoring, mouth breathing. I notice sleep apnea, only when he is sick, otherwise not much.

Your last post on this is in Feb 12. Almost an year. How is your son now? Did you go for surgery / homeopathy? Pls advise.

3. sukal

sukal New IL'ite

subha
    my son had the same problems, frequent colds,fever,mouth breathing,snoring. all this when he was around 3yrs. he used to get fever every 2weeks, he used to cry at the sight of food . it was tonsil+adenoids and was recommended surgery. articles on the net were only confusing and forums had both plus and minus experiences quoted by parents.
    but we couldnot bear the thought of waiting outside the OR and so decided to try homeopathy for sometime and if it didnot work out then consider surgery.
    fortunately homeopathy worked. his fevers started coming at longer intervals. mainly his appetite improved and once he started eating well, immunity improved automatically and now he is fine, though he still has those football size tonsils, otherwise he is ok.
    but initially it took 4mths for the effect of the medicines to show. it depends on each kid i suppose.
    hope this helps.

4. Subha2309

Subha2309 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sukal,

Thanks for the quick reply. How old is your son now? If you are from chennai, can you please let me know the details of the homeopathy doctor, to whom you showed your son? I will be visiting chennai in another 3 months, and I shall show my son to him.

I know homeo takes time, but finding a good homeo Dr, takes even more time. Pls let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
    Subha

5. sukal

sukal New IL'ite

Hi Subha
    my son is now 10yrs old. i'll post the doctor's no. in a couple of days.

6. sukal

sukal New IL'ite

Subha
    the homeopathy doctor's no is:9840779986 Dr.Muraleedharan, his clinic is in AnnaNagar East.

7. Subha2309

Subha2309 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sukal,

Thanks for the Dr.'s info.

8. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Yes Homeopathy worked for my son too he got cured. My dad has a frnd a homeopathy practitioner he referred these medicines. AGRAPHIS NUT 30, Bacillinium 200, these for adenoids but he had tonsils also for tonsils BARYTA CARB 30. I am saying to take the same medicines but just conveying that these have worked for my son.

9. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

We did adenoids removal surgery for our daughter and she is okay after that. Not that she doesn't get cold at all, but better with the frequency and we are able to manage without antibiotics.

10. abinayasarvan

abinayasarvan New IL'ite

where did u get ur DD surgery done...also how was the experience like..l mean how long did it take for her to heal and did she have any pain etc...