1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daycare Cold and Cough

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Rums, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Ils,

My DS has recently started going to Daycare. He is a young toddler. Nowadys he has cold and cough all the time. Now recently has an ear and a sinus infection. Two months of this back to back cold and cough is making me concerned. He is on antibiotics now. I have been giving him honey, milk with turmeric and pepper with milk.

Rubbing Vicks and camphor with coconut oil for releiving the cough. The cough is just getting worse. I hate to see my baby cough badly like this. Any suggestions?.

Similar Threads
    1. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sunshine04
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. sanjuruby3
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. lathakpr

lathakpr Senior IL'ite

even my son also sufferring with cold and cough. i use to give ginger juice with honey and hot water with honey and lemon juice. it will control throat infection immediately. aswellas its provides vitamin C. give cup of hot water with lomon juice and honey, every 2hours. its works.

3. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

thank you Latha

4. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

rums,

glad to know im not alone in this. started playschool(jut 2 hrs, not full day/day care) for my DD on nov 1st. she fell sick on 5th nov and til date is having cough and slight runny nose. only that the intensity has decreased over time. but after 3 dr visits and one week of injections to reduce the chest congestion.

from what i heard from most mothers, this is inevitable when children start school. will become all right/immune over a period of time. some children get over it fast(read 3 months), other take upto a year. all this is what people have told me.

anyways, but i just be calm. only when the teachers in school refuse to take the child in, then i consider dr visit. coz teachers will know when the child is actually sick/unwell...

so guess its just a phase and we gotta go through it :(