1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DS hair is very scanty!

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by raosh2, Jul 23, 2010.

1. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Dear All,

DS is 2.5 yrs and his hair is extremely scanty with only patches of hair and a lot of scalp can be seen. We have gotten his hair removed 2 times already and still there is no improvement. Kindly suggest some remedies.

Vidya

2. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Has no one faced this problem??

3. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

My DD is almost 11 months, and the hair growth is extremely less... I wanted to write here the same qn.. now i will also wait to hear from exp moms

4. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Have you got his hair tonsured atleast once? I heard that generally works. But my sone is already 2.5 yrs and inspite of getting his hair removed 2 times it has still not improved :( Really worried about it. On top of it he also has very dry skin.

Experienced ladies of the forum, kindly give a solution to this problem.

Warm regards,
    Vidya

5. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

YEs Vidya, her first tonsure is done.. it looks so bad after almost 4 months of the tomsure yet..

Vidyaa

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mommies

As soon as we shifted from chennai to bangalore when my DD was 5 months old,all the hair from her front head slowly started to fall in 1-2 months...dint know what to do
    then my FIL started applying castor oil on her head and within 2 months,we were able to spot clear difference...i never tot it would work...now hair started growing pretty well and still we apply castor oil on her head...to prevent any dust or stickinesss,we give her head bath once every 2 days

All the best

7. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Hi Swaran,

Thanks a lto for your response. But in your case DS had hair which fell down but in my case in some parts of the scalp the hair doesnt grow. It is like a patchy hair growth. Maybe he does not have hair roots. But i will definitelyt follow you advice and try applying castor oil. Can it be applied directly? Or should it be heated?

Vidya

8. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhya

u can apply the castor oil directly and see to that u dont apply very less...take adequate amount and apply on ur LO's head...
    and one more thing to answer to q of patchy hair growth,i feel my DD's hair growth has increased quite fine than what she had before