1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Constipation and Potty training

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Vinu4me, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Vinu4me

Vinu4me Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I have a rather wierd problem. My LO (21 months) passes her stools in a standing position. She suffers from constipation and does not want to be touched/disturbed when she is trying to pass her stools. She stands and pushes hard until she passes her motion. I have tried to make her sit down in a potty but she does not and starts to cry pitifully.

I have just started potty training for her and take her to the bathroom and make her sit down and pass urine.

How do I potty train her for the stools? Needless to say this habit of hers is drwaing flak for me from all quarters.

Regards,
    P

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

P, I just posted in the other thread thinking this sounds just like how K potty trained. The first few times he tried to control his anal sphincter, he could not do it sitting down and would immediately try to stand up and do his thing.
    Also, after the first few weeks of PT, he developed constipation and a week after that he immediately got UTI too. Increase the amount of water she drinks. I am sure you are making the PTing as stress-free as you can. K was so completely whacked out when I tried to PT him, but some how figured it when his father did - same parts if you get my drift. I have a PT book (and a few other books that K has outgrown) let me know if you will like to use it to help Vinu. I am sending a mail on chennaimoms group.
    rk