prayer for lost items

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by SBC, Apr 16, 2009.

1. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

The following prayer to ST ANTHONY is a very powerful prayer to be said for lost items.
    Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
    "Blessed be God in His angels and in His saints."
    O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, you love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (state request here). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles.
    O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the eaars of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.
    (Then say the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be)

thank you st anthony for helping me get it,and favors received.
    thanks,
    SBC.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear SBC:)

Oh i really went back to my childhood days when my brother and myself used to go to the St.antony's church in ooty....for our own prayers though silly to think of now...but for eg...

-to be able to go to native during holidays....daddy would have said "not this time"....but somehow my grandpa will send somebody to take us along..to our dear native place...to play with our dear cousins

-to be able to get good marks in exams

- to be able to get permission from daddy and mummy to go for picnics...they were so scared to send my brother becos he was naughty

- to be able to go to circus shows, exhibitions, flower show with neighbours

god has listened to our every prayer....and fulfilled too more than we had prayed for...

thanks a ton for posting this wonderful prayer ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):thumbsup

-regards
    sunitha

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

SBC,

Thank you so much for posting such prayers. Can you please post the following mentoned in your post :

'Then say the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be'

Thanks in advance and God bless.

For this prayer, I assume acknowledgement is not needed???

4. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

The our Father
    Our father who art in heaven,hallowed be thy name,The kingdom come,thy will be done on earth as in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread,and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,and lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil.Amen.

The hail mary
    Hail mary,full of grace the lord is with thee blessed art thou amongst women,and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,JESUS.holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners,now and at the hour of our death.AMEN.

Glory be to the father
    Glory be to the father,and to the son,and to the holy spirit.As it was in the beginning,is now and ever shall be world without end.AMEN.

It would be nice to publish the prayer or thanks after favours are received as more and more people know about the wonders of St Anthony.

5. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

The widespread invocations to Saint Anthony for finding lost things and restoring missing people relate to an incident in which the saint was invoked to find a missing book and the prayer was efficacious; ever since then Saint Anthony has been the Patron of Lost Things.

The prayer is said in many different ways ......

In jamaica
    St. Anthony, St. Anthony
    Please come down
    Something is lost
    And can't be found

South Side of Chicago
    Dear St. Anthony, I pray
    Bring it back, without delay.

or a simple prayer to this miraculous saint:
    Something's lost and can't be found
    Please, St. Anthony, look around.

thanks,
    SBC.

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Can we post the thanks for the favors received in this thread itself if it happens! Please clarify this doubt for me.

Geevee

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

SBC,

Thank you so much for postng these prayers.God bless! I will surely chant them.

Should we acknowledge in news paper or can we post in IL?

Can you write some short posts on the Saints and what do they patronise? I am from Kerala, which is the home of St.Alphonsa.

8. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

Hi,
    I found this link for novena ,,hope this helps.
    It has novena for all different causes...

Prayers Database

SBC.

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks, SBC. Will sure check this valuable source.God bless!

10. mamtarani

mamtarani New IL'ite

Miraculous Prayer

Hail Mary, Mother of the Son of God, I pray to you for your help in my hour of need. Holy Mother, help me deliver my request to the Lord Jesus Christ ( make request ) and send the Holy Spirit to help me make this wish a miracle. Forgive my sins and allow me to walk proudly as God's servant. I accept Jesus Christ as my savior and teacher to guide me towards the righteous way of life. Thank you and praise the Lord God, Amen. Say this prayer 3 days then publish. Your miracle will happen.

i pray this three times... please pray for me to get my lost thing...my husband lost his mobile phone..and very upset...please pray for me...