Help me decide!!

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by archana.kc, Apr 1, 2009.

1. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi IL,

After months, I am now looking at learning something nice and new! I am thinking of going to classes to interesting things, and running out of options. I think I need to decide soon, as summer is approaching and people will start taking classes. I was thinking on these - Do let me know if you know anyone who takes classes on these, in and around Velachery - Adyar- Thiruvanmiyur- Saidapet and T.Nagar! ( Nanganallur and Madipakkam is fine as well)

1. Guitar
    2. Swimming
    3. Warli Painting
    4. Baking

Any ideas, suggestions to this list are most welcome. I am tryin to learn something that can be incorporated as part of my activities. I dont think Warli is a part of this, but have always been intersted in tribal stuff. Baking, because my recent kitchen expeditions have been so successful and people are encouraging me to learn in professionally. Also, I have my own second thoughts on this after seeing Chitra ma's extensive collection and tips on baking. i am thinkng of taking print out of those and tryingit on my own as I did earlier( Will post on my chocolate sheet cake and dates cake trials later )Swimming because, I badly have to do it. It has been a childhood love for water, and I am still trying to break the taboo of wearing a swimsuit and I really want to get it done. Finally, guitar because I saw Surya play it - He He..Nto really, guitar because I think it is a not- so traditional music instrument and that it is comparatively easy and user - friendly (while travel) than a veena!

So guys, help me decide!!

God Bless You All With Loads of Coolness To Wade Off This Heat!!

Cheers

Archana

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Archana

check out the sr sports on medavakkam high road, puzhuthivakkam-ullagaram.

they do have ladies to coach you.

Regarding guitar, i think these days you get teachers coming home and teaching. check out velachery/nanganallur talk.

3. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Shanvy

I would prefer going and learning guitar...Hmm, thanks.Will check tht place for swimming!

4. bluemoon

bluemoon New IL'ite

Hav u decide yet???

Woooww... Just wanted 2 touch the 50 posts mark to get a PM facility.......bonk

5. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Archana,

Guitar and Swimming!

You can check out swimming in GRT Grand Days, Park Sheraton such hotels....of course SIET college too!

Guitar, don't know teachers in the areas you say...may be check out your local newspaper like Adyar Times etc.

And yes...do keep us posted on what you chose finally!! :)

Additionally may be ...jus to complicate your thinking...;-) How about some Salsa dance?

Cheers
    Jenz

6. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

I would probably do all four!

Warli - I saw a couple of videos, so I am gonna go this weekend to buy supplies. Thats done. And my crafts teacher is back from Dubai. So I will ransack her sometime!

Guitar - Found two people in my area. Just that i am looking at the not so classical light music types. So still in the process

Swimming - Found a place about two streets away where a lady teaches :) That is the most happiest news I have heard in recent times. Since I am a little finicky when it comes to wearing suits, so in the process of buying that

Baking - Yup! This is hot and happening in my kitchen! I am making the pineapple upside down cake or a fruit cake this weekend!

Thanks guys!!

Also is anyone interested in the bangle designing workshop??

Cheers

Archana

Jenz - Salsa needs a partner! And I dont have one yet :-( So, with a partner comes Salsa! Alos, I would want to do waltz!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009