discussion on high pricing:

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by sharm, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sharm

sharm New IL'ite

Hi,

I just wanted to share this information. Recently i visited a hotel which is famous for idlis, i took my three year old son suddenly he asked for water, since not to take any risk thought of buying a mineral water bottle from the counter....to my shock the mineral water which was only 12 rs was charged 16.50 more than MRP. When the shop is not providing any bills, its not possible to approach the consumer court? Other than avoiding such hotels....what solutions can be taken?????

Just thought of discussing a topic on this.

Regards

sharm.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sharm,

You can try to argue and go to consumer court. but let me tell you there is a leading hotel with branches all over provides 750ml of a brand of water at rs.35 which they is 5 level treated water and is specially packed. and my DH who works in the water industry found it ridiculous when 3 of the 5 level was a norm even in the local water industry.

simple, you are paying more..you can just avoid taking that water..and go in for normal water, again that is our risk with kids :hide:

3. todaysurs

todaysurs New IL'ite

Hi sharm, i too have seen this in few of the well known hotels... water, ice creams, even few more retail items are sold more than MRP... only way to stop this is stop buying this kind of items or avoiding this kind of hotels.. it is not just one but everyone should do that... then the prices not just for water but even very high realestates/rent would come down... if just one or two avoid that and some body else is ready to buy it for that price, then there is no end for this... i cant think any other way to stop this....
    -Priya