Birth certificate correction

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by kishore391, Jan 16, 2012.

1. kishore391

kishore391 New IL'ite

hi all
    my name is kishore kumar d.i was born in chennai. nd my grand parents registered my birth,while registering they have given my fathers name with a small spelling mistake i.e correct name of my father is devendran r while they wrongly registered as devandran. also my mothers name is shanti d while it is wrongly registered as shanthi.all my records give my fathers name correctly as devendran r and my mothers name correctly as shanti d.the certificate doesnt show my name as it was registered at the time of birth.now i need to apply for my passport.what is the procedure to make this corrections and what is the supporting documents required ???plzz help me.. i presently study in bangalore.i cannot afford to travel to chennai many times... plz help me...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kishore,

government procedures do take some time..why have you not checked this while submission at school.
    anyways,the procedure is different if it is within the first year of birth registration and issue. since this is very long, this is my guess (take the opinion of an good advocate)

Prescribed application form duly filled.
    Requisition letter from parents stating that their names are pronounced wrong in the certificate.
    All previously obtained birth certificates in originals.
    Hospital correction letter if the delivery was at hospital.
    Notary Affidavit
    Evidence proof for name of father or mother (ie., education document or service records)
    Xerox copy of ration card.
    if you have a sibling and if their birth certificate has all the details correct, it would help.

3. chrishar

chrishar New IL'ite

You can make use of passport agents who can do this for you. Just google as
    chennai passport correction services
    contact the persons and ask for quote and time, chose the one who sounds trustful.
    Maximum cost it would require is below 3000 rs

4. jaganatha1hm

jaganatha1hm New IL'ite

Hi Kishore

I am from Bangalore. My daughter was born in chennai. We need to include her name and also correct parents' names. It will be of help if you let me know how you made corrections to your birth certificate

5. SAHULHAMEED

SAHULHAMEED New IL'ite

6. ramyaganesh04

ramyaganesh04 Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    As i have faced the same problem i am posting my experience..
    If u need to change the name/correct the name(for parentsor child) whatever it is.. u have to go for the gazetted office(governmebt press).. its available in all districts only.. there they will provide a form i think some 400Rs u have to pay.. they will give all the guidelines, with some gazetted officer's sign with photos and old birth certificate u have to attach,,
    it will take 15-21 days for publishing(for state capital people it will be less than 2 weeks)
    u can enquire that over phone and if its published.. u can go and collect the orinal copy of the publishing.
    so after thatif u want to apply for a passport means u have to attach the namechange page along with all the documents while applying for passport..evan for school admission also same procedure..
    once u get the passport in the new name, that can be used for any proof instead of attaching the gazzete copy..
    this we had done 2 years back for my son..
    hope this will be useful..

7. jackrumorz

jackrumorz New IL'ite

Hi All, I have a similar problem, any help from you is appreciated.
    We live in a small town called Pernambut, which is in Tamilnadu. Our daughter was born in Chennai in May 2015 (Zone:8, Anna nagar). The hospital applied for her birth certificate but made two mistakes, which we want to correct it now. Request you to share your experience and knowledge.
    1. Her birth certificate is available online but her name is not mentioned. We want to add her name in the BC now. Please explain the procedure.
    2. There are two copies of BC uploaded with same details including parents names, DOB, time etc. We have reported this to the hospital in person and they said they will correct it, 6 months past there are still 2 BC on the website still available. What to do now?
    Thanks in advance for your knowledge and support.