Diwali Shopping 2011

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by vdeepab4u, Sep 27, 2011.

1. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

Hardly just one month left out for Diwali. So whats all your shopping plan for this festival ? Lets discuss the latest trends in dresses and jewels etc. here..

This time I have planned to visit washermanpet as i heard that this is the best place to buy clothes in wholesale with cheapest price. So we are going to shopping coming saturday. Shortlisted Veeras creations for the time being. Do anybody have any suggestion, please let me know and post your shopping exp/ideas and make this thread alive.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hi Deepa...

Yes, just a month left for Diwali and no matter what....the excitement always builds up. My DH and I will be reaching Chennai next week and we are so glad to celebrate Diwali at home.

As usual, I will surely like to buy myself a nice formal chudidar set/Indian outfit. So stil trying to figure out where to go. But yes, through your thread, I will be able to get some good options.

Wishing you and your family a blessed festive season....

3. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

Thanks for dropping in RKG..

We went for shopping this Saturday.. As said earlier i went to Sri veeras creations in washermanpet.. There are loads of saree collections. and also the price seems to very nominal when compared to other places (incl T.Nagar).

Sarees: I bought 7 sarees (for all my family members) each around Rs.500 approx but quite worth-able.. The designer sarees were also good. especially the main attraction which i feel is the customer service. the counter people seems to have lots of patience and they are very polite to customers.

Kids readymade: I bought two dresses with full-pant (each costing Rs.330/-). there are other dresses also which costs around 700-800 etc.. but i bought simple one since my kid's birthday is coming in the next month. though i'll buy the best one for his b'day.

Salwar: Bought one cotton salwar material for Rs.460/- (didnt enquire much about readymades)

Mens wear: Both my DH and brother wanted to buy only white shirt bits.. (so bought Rs.200 per mtr and Rs.160 per mtr), Also bought one veshti, lungi and towel for my dad

Actually i wanted to buy some extra items like nighties, innerwears etc etc. but this itself took 5 hours for me. my DH was like :rant :rant So finished so soon :bonk and came out.. yet thinking to make another visit to T.Nagar the next week..

So share your diwali purchase ideas..

P.S. Sorry i couldn't post photos as i dont have camera let me try to catch up from my mobile and post it later.

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Wow Deepa...thats a good deal you got.

I just reached Chennai a few days ago, but have not been out yet. I will try to visit this SriVeeras that you have mentioned.

Diwali is just a couple of weeks away, so lots to do. Till then.....have fun dear....shall drop in after I start my shopping spree!!!

5. kk_karthi2000

kk_karthi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

This time we went to newly opened "Srirangam" near HSR layout Bangalore. The silk saree collection was very good and worth a try.

We bought designer soft silk pattu saree and net saree (4000 + 3000) for me.. and tussar silk for my MIL and mom ( around 3k) and pattu pavadai for my DD

6. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Wow...nice thread...

Just completed the series of Diwali shoppings and emptied my husband's pocket (ofcourse, have loaded my wardrobe)... Poor man...Generally, we buy clothes for all of our family members and also for my birthday, my kid's birthday etc..along with Diwali shopping...So, it is a big budget event all the time...

Day 1:

Went to T Nagar twice to buy clothes...got a Jute silk saree (in pink color) for me...costs around Rs.1400/- and then two cotton salwar materials (around 800) both in Chennai Silks..

Got two silk cotton sarees for my MIL and mom in Nalli (Old) in Panagal park...costs around Rs.1000/- each...
    both were in some nice maroon colored with threaded pallu and borders...liked them a lot..

Day 2:

Went to Pothys for buying shirting and suiting materials for my FIL...after that roamed to RmKV, Nallis and then Chennai silks for kids ready mades..bought nice jeans, ready made tops, frocks for all the small kids in the family...OMG...i think we really missed those stuff in our childhood...so huge varieties for the kids..it took nearly 3 hours for me to select..(especially girls)..not that i didnt like anything...liked almost everything...

Finally, came back home and bought a pant and shirt for my DH in the shop just closer to home (hmm..what is there for men...to select...a mustard color pant and cream based color shirt...this time..the checkeds are little bigger or smaller than the previous time :(

7. rosy786

rosy786 IL Hall of Fame

VEERA's is nice shop with wholesale rate!!!

what a big shop..

im amazed seeing the collections and less prize