Shopping in Trichy ( Sarees and Churidars)

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Sheyna, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Sheyna

Sheyna New IL'ite

Hi to all
    I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me. I am coming to Trichy for about a week to visit family. Where are good places to shop for Sarees and a good variety of Churidar materials? And also are there any good places/tailoring stores at Trichy? I am looking for a place where I will be able to buy a mass amount of Churidar material and get them stitched to send back to Canada. Any help or insight offered is very much appreciated :) Thank You in adavance

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010

2. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Sheyna,

U have not mentioned they range of salwar/sarees that u r looking for....and so roughly wud suggest Chennai Silks n Sarathas for cheaper stuff and Nalli/Lakshmi Silks for costly stuff.

I got a few salwar material from Nalli Silks, Trichy last week and they were cheap and good. Sarees above the 1k range like silk cotton/tussar are too good in Nalli but if u r looking for cheap range sarees then wud recomend Chennai Silks.

There s Aadi Sale going on in Chennai Silks...so check them.

There is Naidu Hall n Fabindia also @ Trichy....but they wud again be a bit pricey.

Hope this helps.

3. Sheyna

Sheyna New IL'ite

Thank You so much for the reply Shubini. I will definitely check those stores out. I am looking for Salwar materials under 1k, and Sarees between 1k-2k. Since I will be looking to buy for many people, I cannot afford to go above that budget. It is my first time coming to India after many years, so I am very thankful for your reply! It will save me many hours of shopping, which is good because I will only be there for about a week.

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sheyna

I am preethi born and brought up in trichy for the past 22 years..

For the range you have mentioned,

Chennai silks and sarathas are the best.. Chennai Silks has more varieties..

Naidu Hall in ''Salai Road'' also has got salwars in your price range..

I got few before 3 months less than 1k.. and they are really very nice casual wears..

According to me, NaiduHall is the best.. But you will have only choosy ones.. It wil suit for your personal shopping. dont know hw it wil be if u want for more people..Sarees are also very gud there..

And also, I doubt if any gud tailor shops will stitch so many dresses within a week.. because all of them are already busy with aadi sale, ramzan etc..

welcome to Trichy and I am sure you are going to enjoy your trip.dont hesitate to ask if u want to know more..

Regards
    Preethi

5. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Sheyna,

I missed to include Nakoda in the shopping list :bonk...thats the No.1 store for salwars in Trichy...heard that designer sarees r also gud but I personally haven't checked them.

Nakoda is in teppakulam next to Sivam...they undertake stitching also..and so u can pick ur salwars n stitch there. U get gud party wear salwars also apart from cotton/chiffon/bissy lissy/georgette and the regular ones.

I would recommend u to definitely try there...dont miss that shop ever.

Happy shopping :)

6. Sheyna

Sheyna New IL'ite

Thank You both so much for the information. I am very clueless when it comes to the materials. The request I have from my friends and also what I am interested in are salwar suits like in this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaSrtq80Wtk‬‎ If the link is not working, it is the song Maula Maula, from the bollywood movie 'Awarapan'. What price range would be similar materials for Salwars? I am very sorry that I am asking so much questions, but I'm hoping that you would know more about the price range as you may have come acrosss similar materials when shopping. I will be there for a week and hopefully submit the materials to get them stitched, and then my family friends in India will pick them up and send them back to Canada. I am really excited because Indian clothes are very expensive abroad and there are very very very limited in styles and sizes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  7. Swetha345

Swetha345 New IL'ite

Hi

Trichy ....I have heard about Sarada's which have been good since the past ...........If you are about to chennai ..............I would recommend Pothys ......custom designed churidars...........with vibrant colours that embellishes your look .