Feature Request: Indicator on subscribed threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by mstrue, Apr 22, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Many a times I wonder whether I subscribed to a thread or not.. I have to go through the list of subscribed threads to find out or if I am lazy, I just subscribe to it again without even checking..
    I feel it would be great if the subscribed thread (title) is color coded or has some sort of indicator to let me know that 'yeah, I have subscribed to this thread'.
    Is this feature already there? If yes, please let me know more about it.
    If not, please consider this as a feature request.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

One suggestion is:
    The Thread tools bread crumb can give "UnSubcribe from Thread" as an option in the corresponding thread. Currently it is always 'Subscribe to this thread' regardless of whether I have already subscribed to it or not.

1 person likes this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

There is a feature that shows 'unsubcribe' from a forum, in a way indicating me that I have already subscribed to that forum. Wish at least such an option is available with indv threads. Otherwise am repeatedly subscribing to the same thread as I don't often remember if did or not. Nice if there is a feature or option to show if I have or have not subscribed already. Thanks...

4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

You have any easy way to see the threads that you have subscribed to. Go to your User Control Panel(available as a menu item in all the pages) and click on 'Subscriptions' under the 'My Subscriptions' menu on the left. You should be able to see all the threads you are subscribed to.

Also if a new post is made in the thread you have subscribed to, you should receive a notification in the Notification tab.

Let me know if this helps. Thank you.

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Yes I know... Am talking about on the spot dynamically... Say if I have subscribered to lot of threads... Now am on a thread reading & feel I should follow the discussion... Should I go to my panel, check & subscribe if not already? Thats where this feature is required... To let me know on the thread itself if I have subscribed or not....