1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mom's prayer and Son's action.........(true incident)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by rathisrini, May 10, 2009.

1. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends in IL

My next post is ready for presenting before you all........I am sure by now people who have been reading my post would have found out that Paddy is my paternal aunt.......I was named Bharathi by her and my whole family is a die hard fan of the evergreen Poet.:bowdown..

Before I start.......a small intro about Paddy.......I am sure by now many in Il would have know that Paddy is a multifaceted personality. There is one more thing that I would love to add......She is also a wonderful dancer and has always been a lead performer in her school and College dance programmes (Savithri Vidyasala and Seethalakshmi Ramasamy College Trichy). She choreographed various dance ballets for Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan school. So every action of her while talking will have a touch of dance..:clap......(keep this in mind while reading what is to follow).........

Both Paddy and attim are very good in planning trips......As usual it was a family trip to all places in and around Kumbakonam, this time I had the privilege to join them. We went by Rockfort and got down at Kumbakonam. Attim had arranged for lodging and transport with the ARC Lodge at Kumbakonam....so when we came out the van was waiting for us. The persons who all travelled were attai, attim, her daughter Krithika, sons Karthik and Bharani, grandson Adithya and myself. The first day we started by visiting Vaideeswaran Temple, where attim had arranged for elaborate pooja and abhishekam..Harhar......after that we went to Sirkazhi and had a wonderful darshan of Thoniappar and Sattanathar. All my cousins had already seen the temple and this temple was added only because I had not seen the temple.....So before entering the Thoniapper Sannidhanam, my cousin Karthik closed my eyes and led me to the temple and I was speechless and spellbound:wow:wow. We went around to some seven temples that are in and around that place and came back to the hotel. The next day was to start with Thiruvalanchuzhi, followed by Swamimalai and some temples. After finishing, these temples, next in the agenda was the famous Patteswaram Vanadurgai temple, where the two sons were to perform Angapradakshinam:roll:. (This was a venduthal of Paddy). The youngest of the three Children, Bharani used to be really chubby and he was then in I year college (or may be still younger). All the three children have taken to their father for their height and are pretty tall. So the next day started and at Swamimalai, (which happens to be attai's kuladeivam) abhishekam and special poojas were done and by the time we came out of the temple it was 10 in the morning. The month being May, it was too hot and we all had cool drink and ate some prasadams given in the temple. All along my attim was issuing warning to Bharani, asking him not to eat anything as he was to do angapradakshanam. Karthik did not drink or eat anything, but Bharani was feeling a bit hungry and he ate some of the prasadam and guava that we had bought. While travelling towards, Vanadurgai temple, Paddy told attim we will first visit Tirumanenjeri temple as that would close by 12 noon whereas vanadurgai temple will be open the whole day. So on the way we went to this beautiful temple and had a wonderful darshan of the beautiful kalyanasundara kollam of the Lord Shiva and ma Parvathy. It was almost 11.20 am now and Sun was having his day. When we reached Vanadurgai temple it was exactly 12 noon..... Earlier the temple was not fully constructed, and when we went the construction was half way through and they had raised Compound wall all along. The archakar when attai went and told him that her sons were to perform angapradakshinam was really taken aback (The space between the sannanidhanam and compound is approximately 5 to 5and half feet in distance and my cousins height is Karthik is 6 foot and Bharani is 5'11") Then he asked the two to go take bath and come in drenched and perform the same. The boys obediently did wat was said and started rolling. But lo! even when half the way was done Karthik was finding it too difficult and was having a tought time.....He had jus returned from Hyderabad after an official visit and sleepless nights during his project had their toll on him........Bharani was quick (actually through out we were all scared and attim was actually constantly reminding him about angapradhakshinam). Paddy, Krithika, Adhitya, attim and myself were sitting near the sannidhanam. Now comes the climax, after finishing angapradhakshinam (one round) Bharani was about to get up and Paddy sitting in the opposite direction told "Bharani ezhunthukathe", and in a wonderful dance posture showing three fingers like trishulakaha said :cool2:"onu illai moonu".......We were all taken aback for she never uttered a word earlier that they were to roll round the temple three times.........Poor boys, started rolling over again.........After finishing the third time, Bharani sat in front of all of us and humbly told paddy, "amma, neenga vendikaratha pathi engaluku onum illa, ana from next time please consult us before such venduthal" and my god, we all started laughing like anything. The best part of this was the way Paddy showed her fingers, sitting and as though she was demonstrating a dance..........After the whole trip, I was saying this to almost all in the family and to this date we have hearty laugh when we think of this incident...:rotfl:rotfl....

(so my friends you see Prayers can also be painful at times)

Hope you all will enjoy reading this.

luv
    rathisrini:)

Last edited: May 10, 2009

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rathisrini
    Poor Bharani had tough time............no wonder he had to sit in front of Paady and request her not to do this again.
    Have to listen to Paddy na after all an elderly person..........hahaha
    You should have put this in snippet na as it is a real incident, not just a story.

3. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aruna

Thanks dear for the immediate encouragingfb. This thread has got printed twice I think, as I edited it with some smileys...And the forum was not my choice, and hence I don't know why it did not come in the snippet section.

with luv
    rathisrini:)

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear rathi srini,
    :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl why are you looking like this? oh dear you have presented the whole incident in a very nice and hilarious manner. thank you for the compliments you have given me. eventhough, i was the origin and i was present there when this took place, you narration made me to read again. To tell you the truth, you have presented it very nicely. i can visualize bharani sitting in front of me gasping for breath and telling me. thank you for bringing out the hilarious incident back to my memory and for making my day.but. konjam nerudala irundha vishayam height vishayam dhan, nan kuttai enbhadai sollamal sollivittayRant( just kidding)
    with love
    pad

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  5. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear attai,

Thanks attai for the immediate fb.....I also remembered the lovely trip while writing this.....Thanks once again to you and attim for taking me to a lot of temples in and around Kumbakonam..........It is to this a memorable event.

with loads of luv
    rathisrini:thumbsup

6. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rathisrini,

Such a wonderful write up!!!! As Aruna said, it should go to Snippets Forum. .....Because, I just now read Padmini aunty's post in "How are you" thanking aruna for giving the first FB and was searching for this thread in Snippets....:spin....not finding it there........then again :spin:spin at last I got it.......because I love padmini aunty's write ups and don't want to miss yours too..

You have narrated in a very nice way....about padmini aunty's dance posture too...:rotfl.....I really laughed to my heart.....

Nice one....Expecting more from you...

7. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Raji,

Thanks for your very encouraging fb. It was a very nice trip and we enjoyed it throughly...........To this date whenever we all get a chance we do the dance posture and ask paddy to do it all over again for us.............And to add a further feather to her cap, she is a very good orator and has won many shields and cups for her school and college.........There was a special mention about her, by Sharadha Nambiarooran in Ananda Vikatan, and I hope paddy has the cutting.........Hope she puts it up in the forum

with luv
    rathisrini:cheers

8. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Dear Rathisrini,
    Nice, interesting, humorous post.(coming from Padmini's niece how can it be otherwise)
    Oh God three rounds of angaprathakshanam in pattiswaram Temple. I pity Bharani and Karthik. It is pretty big pragaram. But it is o.k Rathi, it is for our durgai amma and Padmini amma. But i remember when my son was doing angaprathakshanam in Swamimalai, which is my Kuladaivam too, wants to wear jeans and shirt which is more comfortable than dhoti!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Love,
    Meenakshi

9. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Rathisrini,
    That's really a great news for us.......:wow......Thanks for sharing it with us........:thankyou2:.............Padmini aunty, we are eagerly for you to Computer Typing and put it in the Snippets Forum...:)

10. rathisrini

rathisrini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meenakshirajan,

Thanks for your encouraging fb. Yeah its for both the ma's........and I have to mention, that both performed it with utmost devotion and dedication.

luv
    rathisrini:cheers