1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Valentine's Day Gift

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Feb 11, 2009.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hi Friends,

I dedicate this tale to 14th Feb – Valentine’s Day. After a very long time, I am here and see so many stories, I need to take a vacation to read them all!

Read On:

Villa was born and brought up in a typical middle class family and had all its values imbibed in her until she met Amey. A strong headed, Villa could see her being riveted by Amey’s love and they were termed as ‘Perfect Love Birds’ by friends. They were poles apart by nature and were perfect example of ‘Opposite Poles Attract’.

14th Feb was their first ‘Valentine’s Day’ (V Day) together and Villa the hardcore romantic had many plans for the day. Amey too had given her the free will to decide the venue but with one option of first listening to his plans of celebrating their first ‘V Day’. Everyone knew they were one soul entwined in two bodies and could never have different ways in life. After listening to Amey’s plan, Villa gave her approval nod.

They put their leave application in their respective offices and rode down to Khandala where Amey had booked a lovely cottage! The ambience of the cottage was warm and romantic having a perfet backdrop for spending Valentine’s Day. There were lavender fragrant candles in corners of the room, silky bed spreads, cozy cushions, lacy drapes on the window, a large mirror on the other side of the wall.

‘Villa, where are you, what are you doing?’ her inner voice knocked out a question. Madly in love, Villa ignored the voice and its queries. Her lovely long tresses were washed with Amla juice mixed with Tulsi and Green Tea extract based Shampoo, her eyes were richly lined with eye liner and a dab of light colour lipstick made her look voluptuous. She was wearing a sky blue Chudidhar and a tight fitting kurti with a matching duppatta.

Villa had hidden her valentine gift in her bag and had carefully kept in the wardrobe of the room, waiting for the right moment to gift it to the man of her life.

Amey walked in after settling some formalities at the reception and gave her a warm hug. Amey had hugged her before, but today the hug gave her heart an extra impel. Villa wanted the moment to last forever and Amey too did not want to let it pass.

They sat holding each other for few minutes. He lifted her chin and looked deep in to her eyes, “Sweets, we are made for each other, we are born only to meet and live happily, I believe in it, I have nothing in my mind, so don’t get me wrong, there is marriage behind my head and it will happen, I am making plans, rather we both are already walking towards it..”

Villa interrupted him, “Amey Dearie, I know that you will be there for me forever, we are going to tie the knot one day and it will be soon, I trust you and it has made me walk in to this room, I am 23 today and I will not take a decision without giving it a thought”.

Amey was proud of his love and the trust they had on each other. The love talks slowly ended up in to physical touches and basked in the glory of passion. The next few minutes of their life were the most precious one for both of them. They never aimed for it, nor they had it in the back of their mind, it happened and it had to. It just slowly ended up with fierce surrendering of two bodies feeling one soul!

Villa, was sleeping on her back staring at the empty floor, it was there now and now it is gone! Her inner voice was weeping quietly, Villa, ignored it once again, it was not essential to hear to the voice as she was sure where she is heading with her Knight in shining armour.

They headed for a sumptuous lunch and lazed around in the room for sometime. Villa recollected about the gift she had brought for Amey. She slowly walked to the wardrobe and opened her bag to pull out the gift. It was a pair of Trouser and Shirt from the house of a designer label. She has been collecting money for the past seven months to gift her love the best that she can afford.

She asked him to close his eyes and open only when she asks him to do so. He stretched his hands in front and was following his lady love’s order willfully. Villa, placed the gift and asked him to open his eyes. Amey opened the gift wrap and was taken by surprise to see an expensive gift. He pulled her towards her lovingly and kissed her on her lips, ‘Honey Bun, you have gifted me the most precious gift of your life, wasn’t that enough’, she knew what Amey meant and smiled coyly.

Villa has quietly given away her ‘Virginity’ to the love of her life and what can be more precious!

After this day, Amey had become very possessive of Villa and the friendship and mutual bond was disappearing in to a more dominating and authoritative Amey which was frustrating Villa. She knew his actions only lead to the meaning, he loved her, but is he laying conditions quietly, is he trying to have the reins of her life and actions in his hand. Amey was never like this before ‘that’ day. Now, he is a totally different person, he is over bearing and Villa was choking in the flame of love!

She had learnt to tolerate his weird ways of being bossy towards her as she felt, he is the man of her life and it is for him she had treasured the most precious gift of nature ‘Virginity’ and presented it on ‘V day’. Does that mean she has to quietly continue her life suppressing her thoughts and feelings, she was no more the lively, bubbly Villa; she had withdrawn in to a small shell! Amey had become more of a ‘villian’ to her than a ‘lover’. The relationship slowly took its own different path and they broke up amicably.

Amey and Villa moved on in life and were scaling the ladder in their respective career. Villa’s career move proved more fortunate for her, there were more laurels on her way and she thanked Rajiv for encouraging her talent and being there for her during her dooms days. Rajiv was a bit senior to her in rank in the office and was guiding Villa to build her career constructively. She did not let Rajiv and his hopes down as she had bought a 3 BHK apartment for herself with the help of a loan from a leading bank, she had managed to partially furnish her apartment too and life had moved only for the better. Villa has started feeling the pressure of marriage from her parents and she had no reason to let the pressure rest. She was successful and had poise, grace and charm which any one would die for.

It was one of those cozy winter nights when Villa was winding up her work and getting ready to drive back home. Rajiv stopped by her desk and asked her if she could join for a dinner. Villa and Rajiv have been out many times on official calls and meetings and had shared lunch and dinner. The invitation was nothing shocking or rude for her and she gracefully agreed. Villa quickly gave a call at home to mention she will be out for dinner and will be reaching home late. Rajiv and Villa drove separately to “Shikara” one of the leading restaurants at Navi Mumbai with Kashimiri Ambience.

As they entered the restaurant, they could hear the gazals being sung in the background. There were ample of geese fluttering around in the water down there. With stringent laws on “drunken driving” in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, both of them stayed away from hard drinks and settled for some warm soups and Mughlai cuisine.

Rajiv was looking a bit tensed and Villa could quickly read his eyes, “Hey, you do not seem to be in a great mood Rajiv, is work taking its toll, you have not taken a break for the past one year, I mean a single vacation. I think you should …”, Rajiv cut her sentence, “Sorry, Villa to interrupt you, I am happy working, it eases my stress and I feel better being in office than at home, you know I live alone and the walls of the house are no great friends. My parents are at native and are forcing me to tie the knot, tell me, will I have time for my beloved if she enters this house, only a career oriented woman will understand my late nights at office and my dedication towards work”

“I understand that Rajiv, the same goes with me too, my parents also are not happy with my late nights at office, they feel I am ignoring my personal life and should learn to stand and stare, it is not possible as we are holding such high positions and we are loaded with responsibilities”.

“Yeah, Villa, it is not that we are not interested in grooming our personal life, time has always been a constraint, you at least return to your family, look at me, I have empty walls staring at me, luckily, I feel so worn out by the time I reach, I just hit the plate, watch some news on television and go to sleep”.

“I do nothing different Rajiv, I too hit the cooked food by my mom and crash, the next day when she asks me how was that pickle or dish, I have to recollect what I ate! Actually, our parents are not wrong, they want us to get back to our original selves, the smiling, bubbling teenagers that we were, the kid in us has died and we have become robots”.

“I hope, I am not getting personal, are you dating someone Villa?”

“Nope and Yeah too! I am dating myself”

“Are you sure there is no one special in your life?”

“Yes, I am and now why this question?”

“Villa, last night my parents called me and have asked me to come down this weekend, I need to make an air dash, they have lined up some alliance for me and I am not prepared for marrying someone who has no clue about my career and goals. I tossed all night and came up to a conclusion. Before putting it across, I wanted to know, how things are with you, I know, it will take you a bit by surprise, but, that’s fine with me. Villa, I feel you will make the right match for me, you know me well and understand my wants and needs, don’t get me wrong, I am not asking for your hand as you are career oriented and will give me parallel support monetarily, I am looking for you as you will give me the required emotional strength which a man needs to build his career, a peaceful home life..”

Villa missed on the last few sentences, certain past of her life hit her hard. Amey, the man of her life then, was nothing different from Rajiv and then…. Will it be the same? She liked Rajiv and knew her future is secured with this man who is perfect in most of the ways.

“I will not ask him, if he is a virgin, but he may, he must have lost it too, once or many times, but now, what about me… “. Villa’s past started hounding her. There is no big issue of tear of a hymen, it is the thinnest membrane and there are many reasons for it to tear. Why marry a man who insists on his wife being a virgin too? Questions hit her head and she was getting drowned in her thoughts.

Rajiv slightly tapped her hand, “Hey Villa, I did not expect dumbfounded silence from you, I do not want to lose you as a friend either. Either you scream at me for putting up this proposal, hate me, hit me, but no, do not give those empty stares. If yes and you want time to think, I can wait..”,

“I need to talk to you, I am not against marriage, but am afraid of commitment, am worried about my delicate heart which cannot afford to break and cry, it is not easy to love and forget…. You know what I mean nah.. Rajiv…”

‘Now, from where did the question of forget come in, Vilu..”.Rajiv realized he has over stepped a bit earlier.. “Sorry Villa..”

“I am asking for marriage damn and not dating”.

Villa and Rajiv both were quick decision makers and it has helped them to scale the ladder of success in life. Villa liked him and it was vice versa and there was no need to ponder for long on this topic.

She had decided to give him a reply today itself and for a moment her parents faces kept coming in front of her. How happy they would be to know Villa has agreed to marry and has a guy in her life too! She quickly fixed her glance on him, “I will continue working Rajiv and will quit when I want to! There will be no monetary responsibilities on me after marriage, though I will continue contributing at my place and will share the house expenses with you too…” .

Rajiv held her hand tight and cheered, “Hey Vilu, does that mean, it is YES!” No, this time he did not correct it to Villa.

In 3 weeks time, both of them tied the knot after spending quality time with each other. Rajiv had packed in a Thailand Honeymoon and off they went to celebrate it!

The door bell rang and it was her maid who had come to clean the room. “Oh, it’s you, get started with the work”, said Villa and watched those beautiful roses nodding their heads in joy. She looked at the calendar; it was 11th Feb, only 3 more days for the great Valentine’s Day to come in. She had a surprise gift for her husband Rajiv and it was visit to their farm house in the outskirts of the city. She tilted her head high and looked at the sky, “Wish I was a Virgin for my husband, my love” she muttered to herself.

‘What was his name, ah! Amey, was he worth it, he was then, rather that is what I felt..’ Villa consoled herself.

Her daughter came running towards her saying, “Mom I will be out on 14th Feb, we are going out on a college picnic, it will be hike and we will crash in a resort and return the next day”. Villa called her daughter beside her and held her hands, “Riya, you are 19 today, I need not tell you, what is to be done or not to be done, remember one thing, certain things in life are irreversible and if we lose it, we will never get it back, do all that you want to do, but think million times, before you give away your virginity! If you get married to the same man and live happily, there will be no regrets, if you happen to drop him later and marry another guy, you will have one thing pondering you all times, ‘Wish I was a Virgin?’

“Mom, does it mean….”

They heard heavy footsteps behind them, it was Rajiv.

Villa was embarrassed to the core, Rajiv quickly sat beside her with his daughter on the other side.

“Mom has a point Riya, I never cared for it, nor will I ever as I knew my Villa was my destiny and if she had not kicked that ass, she would never have been mine. Your mom, always had this at the back of her mind, I knew about it, when she stood staring at the pool on her wedding night, what is bothering her. I just let the matter rest, as it had no importance to me, but she could never forget it as she loved me more than anyone else on this earth.”

“Daddy, I am so proud of you..”

“Yeah Riya beta, before you plunge in to it, think twice, or else have the heart to erase your past, very few of them can actually erase their past…”

“Dad - Mom, thanks a ton, for guiding me, Jayesh actually likes me a lot and I too have a crush on him, your advice will be with me forever. I will think million times before I give away my Virginity. I promise you dada and momma”.

Riya left the room; Rajiv could see tears trickling on Villa’s cheeks.

“You have been sweet Rajiv..”

“You have been the best Vilu. What is the surprise for Valentine’s Day?”

He held her tight and let the moment stand still.

[/JUSTIFY]

4 people like this.

2. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

hi malspie
    Happy to read it virginally first!
    A great story about the facts of lives,however modern we may become the things remain at the back of the mind nagging ,pinching.
    Even in todays world I think the best gift for a husband & wife to present each other is this only but sadly in the josh of youth boys & girls foreget about it only to regret later.
    A wonderful flow of words.
    Wel said.

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Mals
    As always written so beautiful, in your flowing narration style. Enjoyed reading this story:thumbsup

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Mals,
    Excellent write-up.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi AC,

Thanks for the feedback dear. You are a sweet friend yaar.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Jaishree,

Words of praise from an ace writer like you, boosts my confidence. Thanks dear for taking time to read the story and posting a feedback.

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Priya Mommy

Thanks for the feedback.

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said Mals...about the Valentine's day gift...
    Liked your narration ...and enjoyed it.

sriniketan

9. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Mals..

Perfect gift on a Special day !! Enjoyed reading your words... pictured neatly (narration) ... Excellent !

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi mals,
    good to see you after ages?.......happy v day to you too..excellently written..loved it
    love
    Mindi