1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Decision - Part 1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by padmavathiv, Dec 10, 2008.

1. padmavathiv

padmavathiv Senior IL'ite

The alarm announced 5.00A.M with the repeating suprabhatham tone. After the third round of 'kausalya supraja', a tender hand rose from the blanket, groping for the time piece and Lo 'THUDDDDDDDDD .The clock crashed on the floor still cooing 'Kausalyaa'

Worried that the sound would awaken all the tired sleeping souls in the haven,
    the slender figure lifted itself with much difficulty out of the bed , silenced the
    clock returning it to its place and hurried out of the bed room .
    The sound of anklets , the cool morning breeze, soft humming of a thyagaraja krithi rendered a musical divine aura to the entire ambience.

Ananditha , a personification of tradition, beauty, grace making beautiful patterns at the entrance of her house with ease was a sight to behold….

Her different facets of personality kept unraveling day by day, being an unending source of marvel for none other than karthik , her soulmate of 18 years.

Theirs was a love marriage, where it was love at first sight for karthi , 2 years senior to Anandi in college. Karthi being inferior to anandi in no way still had a tough time wooing her, as the entire college seemed to go gaga over her versatility, charm and brilliance.

Win he did, after a lot of suspense and their wedding seemed almost a fairytale , picture perfect , with nil opposition and bountiful blessings from both parents.

Their marriage reached the zenith of joy with the arrival of Anoushka , whom God seemed to have taken special care to create and was the right blend of both parents.

Anandi did not fail to notice that anoushka was different from other kids right from an early age. She had a very strong personality, her own mind and different way of doing things. She refused to conform to the standards ,questioned a lot & agreed upon an action only after being fully convinced that it’s the right thing to do.

The young parents were proud of their daughter and wanted to give her the best in everything. Anandi researched a lot and zeroed in on the best school in Chennai to admit her bundle of joy. Though a bit high on the fee front, they could easily afford it as karthik was climbing the rungs of corporate ladder fast and both were very optimistic about their financial future.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Padma, Beautiful narration. Awaiting to read the rest of the story.

3. padmavathiv

Hi Roopaji,

Thanks a lot. As this is my first writeup in IL waiting for encouragement from other ILites to continue:).

I am really humbled by your compliment.

Regards
    Padma

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Padma
    Your narration style is excellent. Now please do continue.. the suspense. Hope everything goes alright with the child.
    I admire the way you show the talented and beautiful mother and the intelligent and capable father and going forward with providing the best for their loving child. Good job. Cannot believe its your first attempt.:clap

5. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

What happened next? Continue the story.

I love your way of telling by keeping a sweet little suspense in the end.

Andal

6. padmavathiv

Thanks for the motivation to continue. Getting encouragement from senior ILites is a real blessing...I have noticed that you have been lavish in your praises always even for the tiniest attempt made ...thats a really great quality...With all your support hope i am able to give a fine finish :)

7. padmavathiv

Thank you Andal...I will continue the story at the earliest