1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dead or Alive

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Dec 29, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends, I am back with another story. Please don't forget giving your valuable feedback after reading.

Part 1

It has been hell of a day. I was feeling sad and dejected with the happenings of the day. I was walking back home all alone. At least that’s what I thought until I heard the sound of footsteps right behind me. I turned to see who that person was who has been following me for the past ten minutes. There was no one; not even an insect. I gathered all the courage and started walking as fast as I can. I could feel my increasing heartbeat, sweat forming on my forehead. “Almost there.” I kept telling myself while looking at my watch. Few more turns and I would be at the doorstep of my house.

My legs were getting heavy and I was slowing down; which I didn’t like at that moment but there was nothing I can do as the heavy work at the office left me all worn out. I checked my surroundings one more time and noticing that there was no one behind me I relaxed a bit. Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I thought I was just imagining things and getting scared unnecessarily. I noticed a brand new Audi car coming towards me in the opposite direction. I was admiring its beauty and wondering at the same time about who owns this car in this locality? I never saw one in this area before.

I have been living in the same house for the last two years and as far as I know everyone in this area is from a middle class family. Each house has a two wheeler. In one or two houses they have two bikes. That’s all. No one I know has a relative or friend who is rich enough to own an Audi. I was thus lost in my thoughts when I saw darkness forming in front of my eyes. I wanted to call for help but I was unable to say anything. After that I have no idea what happened.

When I woke up, all I could see was a ray of light falling from the roof of the room I was in. I couldn’t see my surroundings. The room was filled with darkness and an awful smell was coming from everywhere. It was suffocating. No one can survive in a place like that for more than a minute. My head was throbbing and my throat was parched; there was a shooting pain in my wrists. I tried to move my hands but they were tied at the back. I called out for help. I could see that my voice was reaching me back in echo. I tried to free myself but in vain. I shouted continuously for help until I lost consciousness.

sumalynux, Deepu04, Sindhuv and 6 others like this.

2. daisy2015

@vani098 Thank you for the first like :)

3. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

after that what happen?

daisy super this is like the story is gng on in front of me

wow super yar

4. daisy2015

Thank you vanifriendssmiley. I will post the next part soon.

5. vani098

vani098 IL Hall of Fame

hmm kk

u'r welcome dude

6. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Diasy as usual good thriller story with a good start.

Eagerly waiting for the second part.

7. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

good one ,,,, but whether the person is HE/ SHE i couldnt understand

8. daisy2015

Will post it soon....

1 person likes this.
  9. daisy2015

You know I love maintaining the suspense. You have to wait for some time dear.

10. daisy2015

Part 2

When I regained consciousness I realized that I was moved to another room. There was a window which was covered with floral curtains and the door to that room was closed. I was in a wheel chair; my hands were tied and my lower body was covered with shawl; my mouth was closed with a tape. I looked around to see if there is anything present in the room through which I can identify the person who abducted me. All the walls were clean; not a single photo or any clue. When I was thus scrutinizing the area I can view, I saw a small photo frame at the edge of the bed in upside down position. I gathered all the strength and tried to move my chair near that spot. Before I could reach it a person wearing a mask entered the room and seeing me move rushed towards me and pushed me back. He warned me and removed the tape. He forced some liquid into my mouth and told me to keep quiet. “It is just apple juice. You should have opened one of my hands I would have drank it myself,” I said. He laughed at this and sealed my mouth with the tape once more and left the room.

This process continued for the next two days. I was frustrated with this. I decided that I have to find a way to escape from here. Little did I know that a surprise was waiting for me all the while! When I opened my eyes the next day I saw that I was lying in bed. My hands were free. I looked around to make sure that this was all real. I noticed that this was a new place. The shooting pain in my hands grabbed my attention and I looked at the marks that were made by the wires they have used to tie my hands. I saw that there was ink present on my fingers. I knew immediately that those who abducted me have taken my finger prints.

I was furious at my helplessness. I went near the window and looked out. I was shocked by the view. There was sand everywhere. It looked like I was standing in the middle of a desert. “Where did all the sand come from?” I thought. I went near the mirror, saw my image. No one would be able to say that I was abducted. I was looking fit and fine. I opened the door and noticed that I am in a hotel. I called the waiter who was leaving the adjacent room. He saw me from top to bottom and gave a smile while walking towards me. I asked him if he saw the people who brought me here.

He looked at me suspiciously and then told me that I was brought here in a worst condition by a man who met me at a bar yesterday night. He said that I was drunk and was unconscious when that person brought me here. He paid the bill and left. It took me a while to digest what I heard. I never went to a bar in my life let alone drinking alcohol. I thanked the waiter and went into my room. I looked for clues but found nothing. I then washed my face and went downstairs. The lady in the reception counter wished me ‘Good morning’ and asked me if I would like to extend the room for one more day. I was at a loss of words. I had no idea where I am, who brought me here and why. I thought I would take the help of the receptionist to find out who that person is who brought me here but the receptionist’s cool attitude made it clear that I am not going to get the help I need.

While talking to her I noticed that I was in a different state some hundreds of kilometers away from home. I asked her if she can book a taxi for me to my hometown and after getting an affirmative reply I relaxed a bit.