1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Better half or best half??? Part-8

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by divshiri87, Dec 9, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

She showed her mobile which has Ravi’s number.

I said “yeah, its not Ravi’s number. Then whose number is this?”

............................................................................................................

We both thought of calling that number. I asked Pooja “what should we tell when that person pick the call?” to which she replied “we will tell that we got message from that number last night and called to know who messaged”.

I called that number and no one picked up in the first call. So called back again and one person picked the call.

I told “i got a message from your number last night so i called to know. May i know who you are?”

That person said “Is it? I sent that message to one of my cousin and bymistake i sent you. Sorry, don’t mind”

I replied “oh, that’s fine” and hung up the call.

I told Pooja about the interaction with that person. We didn’t take it serious and was talking for timepass. When we were talking, Pooja got a call and i saw smile in her face.
    I asked her “who is that?” to which she replied that it’s Ravi. Now i could clearly understand that Pooja has some feeling towards Ravi and i thought of asking her after the call.

Pooja said “Oh Ravi, it’s you. Tell me how you are?”

I couldn’t understand what Ravi is telling her over phone.

Pooja asked again “so where are you now? Is there any reason for you to call me now?”

Pooja went outside to talk to him and she is back after few minutes.

“I couldn’t get signal here and that’s the reason i went out to talk. Don’t mind” she said this before i ask her.

I was thinking how to start conversation to her about Ravi.
    “When you love that person, don’t hide from him. Do it now as we don’t know what will happen in future”. This was told by someone in channel which we were watching.

I told her “i think it’s for you”.

She asked me “what are you talking Manu? Why you said it’s for me?”

I asked her clearly “Do you have some feelings towards Ravi?”.

I am not sure how she is going to react but i thought i need to know so that i could tell Ravi.

Then i thought myself “why am i thinking about him? What i am going to get out of this?”

Pooja said “i am not sure about that Manu. When i saw him for first time, i could feel he is close to me but i don’t know why i felt that way. I am not sure whether i am in love him and i don’t know what he feels towards me”.

I said “Pooja, i feel he is in love with you. Don’t ask me how i feel”.

I thought “why i said that i feel when i know that he loves pooja? Am i jealous on Pooja? “

I told myself “No, i shouldn’t be jealous on Pooja. Once i convey to Ravi that Pooja has feelings towards him, i should not interfere between Pooja and Ravi. To be specific, i don’t want to talk to Ravi. If i talk to him, my feelings towards him may increase which will create problem between everyone”.

Pooja asked me “are you sure that he loves me?” to which i replied “yes”.

I saw happiness in Pooja’s face.

Pooja told me “Manu, i want to know about him before i propose him or accepts his proposal. Don’t know the best way to know him. Can you please suggest?”

I told her “be friendly with him for some time and when you know more about him, propose him”. I suggested this to her because i don’t know anything about him and this could be the best way to know him.

My mom came and brought some fruits and some other snacks. She brought snacks in plate and she sat infront of tv.

Mom asked Pooja “Pooja, how are your studies going? And what are your future plans?”

Pooja said “studies are going good and i don’t have any plans so far. Need to discuss with parents and then decide”.

My mom said “true ma, it’s better to decide soon so that you can plan accordingly”.

Mom said again “when i asked Manu, she told me the same answer. I heard that generally kids used to have future plans when they were doing their 10[SUP]th[/SUP] standard but you two are different. You are in 12[SUP]th[/SUP] standard and you still didn’t plan anything. Aren’t you serious about your future?”

I told “mom, why are you so serious? We have some plans but don’t want to share with anyone”.

Mom told in anger “you don’t want to share with parents also. Then to whom will you share?”

I replied “not like that mom. As we are not sure about it, we are not sharing. Don’t take it other way”.

I could see Pooja is not comfortable to be here.

I told Pooja “i think you are getting late” to which she said “yes” and then left my house.

I was on angry on my mom and said “mom, what is this? How can you talk that way when pooja is here?”.

My mom replied “i didn’t talk anything bad. Pooja is your friend and she is like another daughter and that’s the reason i asked her. If you don’t want me to ask or talk to her, tell me i won’t do hereafter”.

I said “no mom, there is nothing wrong in asking. Anyways leave it. I will talk to her”.

I messaged Pooja not to take my mom’s words in other way.

She replied after 15 mins that she won’t take it wrong way. I felt whatever my mom asked me is right. We don’t have enough time as we are nearing to final exams.

I went to my room and sat before desktop to browse and check about the future opportunities. I thought of doing B.sc after 12[SUP]th[/SUP] standard and then do MBA or MCA.

Next day i went to school and our classmates started discussing about future plans and opportunities.

Most of the students told that they will do BE or BTech and suggested me the same thing. I don’t want to do BE or BTech as i know cost of that course is more and my parents can’t afford that. When i said that i want to do MBA or MCA after my degree, many students laughed at me and they told that it’s useless course. I am ok if someone not accepts my decision but i hate if someone make fun of my decision.

When we were discussing, my class teacher came and everyone were silent. My face was red in anger and my professor saw my anger and asked me the reason. Pooja told what happened before he came to class. He said “there is nothing great or low in education, everything has its own value and everyone can do as per their wish however they should see the future opportunities and decide”. I felt happy when my professor said that.

He started taking class for some time and left after 1 hour. Me, Pooja and then few went to library. My chemistry professor was there and he called me.

He said “since you are showing interest in chemistry, i want to suggest you that do BSC and them MSC chemistry and then PhD”.

I said “sir, even i am interested in doing what you suggested. To do everything you said may take more than 7 years from now and the cost of the course will be more which my parents can’t afford and that’s the reason i told MBA or MCA. I may not do MBA or MCA as this will also cost much and will take the same period like PhD. I told that i will do because everyone may think badly about me and about my parents which i don’t want”.

My sir suggested “Manu, don’t worry about the cost and all. Concentrate on your studies and then you can get scholarship or you can even try for loan”.

I felt happy that i can study further as per my wish.

Happily went home and told mom what happened in school and the suggestion given by professor. She patted my back and said “dear, don’t worry. Do whatever you want and never think of money. We are there for you”. Tears filled my eyes when my mom said that.

Our family is neither rich nor poor. A middle class family with only one bread winner in the family.

4 months passed and next month we have final exam.

Myself and Pooja started group studies. Either she visited my home or i visited her home for studies.

We don’t have school as they gave 20 days as study holidays.

Pooja didn’t come to my home today and i thought of going to her home tomorrow. I called her and she didn’t pick the call so i messaged her. I didn’t get any reply from her.

I called her to her landline but it was not working. I didn’t know what happened and i don’t have any other number of her parents. I thought no to go to her house because i am not sure whether she was at home or not.

I waited for two more days and i didn’t get any info from her so decided to go to her house today. I wore black and blue skirt and told mom that i am going to Pooja’s house. Before i stepped out, our door bell rang and mom opened the door. She was surprised to see Pooja and said “Manu got ready to meet you at your home and you are here, didn’t she inform you that she is going to come to your house?”.

She replied “no aunt, she didn’t tell me anything”.

Mom asked me “Manu, why didn’t you inform her?” to which i replied “i thought of surprising her and that’s the reason i didn’t inform her”. I told this to my mom because i saw Pooja is not ok and i could see that she is tensed.

I told my mom that we will be in terrace for some time. Both went to terrace and settled.

I asked her “Pooja, why are looking dull? What happened to you? You didn’t pick my call and i couldn’t contact you for two days? Is everything ok?”

She didn’t reply anything and could sense something has happened.

I asked her again and she started “you know that i like Ravi and you know that he too likes me”.

I said “ofcourse, why are you telling me these things now?”

To be continued.....................

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/254024-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/278950-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279118-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279255-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279471-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279636-better-half-best-half-part.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/279684-better-half-best-half-part.html

1 person likes this.

2. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Read last three parts today only. Very nicely and interestingly written. Waiting to know what happened next.

3. Shisaa

Shisaa New IL'ite

cant wait for the next episode :)

4. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Thanks priya for ur first fb... will post next part soon..

5. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Welcome to IL and to my thread..
    Thanks shisaa for ur fb.. Will post soon... enjoy reading..

1 person likes this.
  6. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

Eagerly waiting to know wat happened next....

7. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

aaiyoooo again suspense....:bangcomp:

pls post next chapter soon.
    hope they not planning to get married as they are too young..

8. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Superb Episode dear :) Waiting for next

9. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

@divshiri87

Hi
    after a long time u again with wonderful story:wow

first i didnt realise about this story, in ur 2nd post i mean when u post 2nd part, that time only i saw your name on this thread... so starts reading this story.
    nice and interesting... but lets see how you are going to end this story with twists??...
    all the best dear

( now a days not much concentrated on stories because every one is stopping their story in middle n they r going away with some reasons n never end their story)

1 person likes this.
  10. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

thank u twinklingstar for ur fb.. Wil post next part soon...
    lets see what pooja gonna tell to manu...