1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

O.m.g!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Sep 6, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Dear friends, recently when I was going through old news papers and magazines I have noticed so many articles related to weight loss, obesity, weight gain, blah blah blah……I thought why not write a tiny story using this point and give it a happy ending and bring a smile on your faces. Because in reality there may or may not be a happy ending for this problem.

Please note that this story is completely fictional. I didn’t intend to hurt anyone’s feelings. But in the process if I have hurt anyone’s feelings I apologize for that.

O.M.G!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh……………

My neighbor got scared hearing my scream. No I am not watching a horror movie. It’s worse than that. No, no not a murder, much worse than that. I was checking my weight. Won’t you shout out loud if you notice that you have gained 8 kgs?

Hahaha…. Had there been an award for top pitch screams, I would have got the winner trophy.

My poor neighbor thought that someone broke into my house and attacked me. She came running and knocked my door frantically. When I opened the door she relaxed a bit seeing me safe. She kept looking here and there into my house standing at the door.

I asked her what she is searching for. She replied in that same worried tone that she heard my scream and came running to help me get out of…. ‘Whatever problem I was in’.

Oh! I wish someone could really help me get out of this problem. But I couldn’t tell her the real reason why I screamed like that and become 'topic of the day' in our colony. So I lied to her that I saw a cockroach when I went into the bathroom and got afraid and screamed. (I know, I know I am very inventive. Isn’t cockroach the top rated common creature that makes a girl scream even in her dreams?)

Poor girl! She believed my lie and advised me to call the pest control before the cockroaches spread all over the house. I thanked her for her advice and closed the door when she left.

I went back into the bed room and sat on the divan and started brooding over my new achievement. I started cursing the interviews I went to.

I completed my MBA (Marketing) in first division and thought that I would get a good job with a great salary without any problem as I was mislead like all the other students are, by the ads given by the colleges about their placement program success. I started searching for job as soon as I got degree in my hand. There was not a single company left where I have not gone in search of a job. At first went I faced rejection I thought maybe someone better than me is given that job, but as the same rejection kept knocking my door I couldn’t take it anymore and took refuge in food. Fruits and vegetables in my fridge were replaced by chocolates and cakes. Pizza and burger became my lunch and dinner. I got so addicted to food that I could tell what ingredients were used to cook the dish just by its smell.

I never noticed the change taking place in my appearance as I was busy either in eating or searching a job. When one day I received an interview letter from a new company I felt like I was flying in air. I got ready and reached there in time. When my turn came I was nervous about the result as I couldn’t forget my previous experiences. I decided that I would pay full attention to what they are asking and would answer them tactfully.

When I entered the cabin I could see from their looks that I was rejected. It didn’t take them much time to tell me the reason why I am rejected. They said that they are looking for smart, intelligent and active person for this job. I thought, "what’s wrong with me? I am smart, intelligent and active". Why are they stressing on ‘active’ by the way? I guess they understood what was going on in my mind and clarified my doubt. They explained that the job includes lots of travel, numerous meetings and most importantly impressing clients in the first look that you are 100% capable of doing your task.

‘The way you look doesn’t give us the confidence we need to appoint you in this post’, they said.

I got angry and left the place and went straight to their canteen and ordered chocolate cake, French fries and coke. Everyone around me was looking at me as if I am an elephant performing some act in a circus. I felt embarrassing and decided that I would do something regarding my weight so that I won’t be insulted like this in future by anyone. So I went to buy a weighing scale. I was happy with the start. As soon as I went home I checked my weight I couldn’t believe my eyes and screamed out loud in horror. I have gained 8 kgs from the time I have checked my weight previously.

“I have to take some action”, I thought. I started walking, changed my diet and even joined a gym. I followed every rule strictly for ONE MONTH, One full month. I thought this calls for a celebration. So, I went out along with my friends to celebrate. I thought it is just one time that too to celebrate my success. When I saw the chocolate oozing out of the cake infront of me all the rules and regulations vanished like vapor. I had no idea how much I ate. I was happy that I was eating my favorite food. That’s it.

When I went back home and saw my image in the mirror I realized the mistake I have done. “There is no point in repenting over the spilled milk.” I said to myself. From then on no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t keep myself away from food. I started making new recipes, started sharing them with friends and family and even started blogging. One day out of nowhere I got an offer as a food critic. I was even offered a good salary.

OMG! A job where I can eat whatever I want and get paid for it!!!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeee.

katochsimi, Alyssum, g3sudha and 7 others like this.
  2. daisy2015

Hello friends.... waiting for your feedback.

3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hahhaaaaaaaa... Good one

From OMG to Finally getting a job that one loves to do all day :)

4. daisy2015

Thank you VaniVyas for giving a reply. I was waiting for feedback from morning. I saw that the views are increasing but no one said a single word. If it is that bad then I wanted to know how bad is this post according to my friends here so that I can improve myself. You are the first one who replied and I am thankful to you for that. friendssmiley

1 person likes this.
  5. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

Hey Daisy,

Well written....Actually it made me smile.:bonk..coz I do the same thing...I decide to diet and do some terrible workouts. That day Hus comes and takes us out...All veg restaurants would be closed by night...and we end up eating pizza from some Petrol stations....
    Also a small thought that provoked u to write a story...:wow

Keep writing...I'm indeed a fan of yours...hugsmiley

6. lovely1988

lovely1988 Silver IL'ite

@daisy2015 .. Good start. How I wish I get such a job :hide: are u writing about me ?? :rotfl

7. daisy2015

Thank you angeldreams. Yes, it happens often that we follow a strict diet for quiet some time successfully but in the end we end up eating all those items which we avoided.

8. daisy2015

No lovely1988. But it is a fact of every woman's life. At some point in our life we do think about dieting. We even try sincerely but often end up coming back to old self.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Hello Daisy dear,
    wonderful short story as usual. I was bit busy so didnt notice your new diamond. (I have decided to call all your stories as diamonds ;-) )Gaining a weight is easy but reducing makes it very difficult. Poor Girl. It is good that she has found a job on her interest.
    Keep writing dear!!!

10. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite