1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Secret Admirer

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Sep 2, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

SECRET ADMIRER

Part 1

It was 4 o’clock already and Anusha is getting late for her coaching class. She quickly checked all her books and tucked them into her bag. Anusha completed her graduation and joined coaching classes for competition exams. She was allotted evening session classes as there was no seat left in morning session due to huge demand for the morning slot from final year students.

Anusha’s father Siva Ram is working in a private sector as a clerk and mother Mahita is a housewife. After 10 years of marriage Anusha was born. So she was pampered a lot by her parents and relatives. Anusha is a well-disciplined girl by birth. Every relative used to envy Siva Ram and Mahita’s good luck for being blessed by such a daughter. Though she was not in the top 10 ranks students list all her teachers and fellow students liked her a lot for her simplicity, sincerity, kindness, helpful nature and most of all her ever smiling face which forced people to forget their worries and smile.

Today was her first day and she didn’t want to get late. Though the class starts at 5PM her team mates have decided that they will all reach the institute by 4.30 and collect the materials and then go to their room together. After giving a kiss to her mother she left for the institute on cycle. Her father insisted on using his bike to go to the classes but she refused saying that all her teammates will come by cycle. So she will also go by cycle and while coming home they will accompany her. So there is nothing to worry about.

She reached the institute by 4.25PM. Only three boys and a girl of her batch were present there. Seeing her at the entrance they waved her hi and came near her. They saw each other the previous day when they came for admission. So they knew each other’s face but not names. So they started introducing themselves.

First one introduced himself as John. The other two boys introduced themselves as Karan and Sunil. They have completed graduation from the same college as Anusha (though she was unaware of this fact). They recognized her and smiled and told her that they were also from her college and class. She never interacted with the boys in the college, never knew anyone’s face as she never turned her face towards where they were. So she just gave courtesy sake smile and turned towards the only girl present there with them. She introduced herself as Naina. While they were thus formally introducing themselves the rest of the batch mates arrived and all went together and collected their materials and attended their classes. While returning to home Naina accompanied Anusha as her house was in the same route. They both exchanged phone numbers and went their way when they reached Anusha’s home.

Everyone was busy in preparations as the notifications were announced for their favorite jobs. Class timings were increased and examinations were held often to estimate the progress of each individual. Anusha topped in every exam. She worked hard day and night as getting a job was very important for her. Her father though never let her know about the financial problems their family is facing she sensed the changes that were taking place around her. Her mother lessened intake of food under the name of some oath or other she took for having a child and her father doing extra hours for that extra salary to provide good education and food for their child.

One day a newcomer Zahir, tall handsome boy with curly hair was introduced to the class. Later that day a surprise test was conducted and both Anusha and Zahir scored equal marks. The teacher appreciated both and gifted them new pens with good wishes. This pattern continued till the end. Both Zahir and Anusha kept scoring equally in every exam and mock interviews. Everyone thought that they will definitely get their dream job. One day when Anusha went to her class there was a note with a yellow rose. She looked around her to find out if someone forgot it there by mistake. When she opened the note she was surprised to see that it was for her. There was one sentence written in it in neat handwriting.

Anusha, All the best for today’s exam (your secret admirer).

She checked one more time if there is anyone present there but found no one. She kept the note and the flower in her bag as her friend Naina was coming near her with a long face. She enquired Naina what was she worried about. Naina told her that sir has announced surprise exam just now and she is nervous about it. Anusha was surprised too to hear this. She started observing everyone keenly. She knew that Karan, Zahir and Sunil were the only one’s that were close to the teacher and have a chance of knowing such things before hand. Who is this person who has wished her luck?

5 people like this.

2. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

Wow daisy came up with another story ,,, thank u actually from past 2days getting bored as there are no post to read, today u give us a suprise with ur secret admirer------- this time lovestory - right. but thank uuuuuu alot for posting another one ,,, all the best....

3. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Great Start Daisy :) Eagerly waiting for next post :)

4. daisy2015

Thanks guys. friendssmiley

5. daisy2015

srilaxmi.... i can't tell you if it is a love story or not. but i can tell you one thing it is a short story. i hope you will enjoy reading it just like my previous two stories.

6. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

Nice to see another Daisy's story. :thumbsup

7. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

:wow@Daisy2015

Nice to know that you are back with the new story. Welcome back. Very good start. Eagerly waiting for your updates.

8. daisy2015

Good to see you Rith and sangeethakripa :)

9. daisy2015

Part 2

She couldn’t succeed in finding out about this secret admirer. She gave up searching and concentrated on her studies. Every day she would receive a new note with a rose. She got frustrated with this and started tearing the note and threw away the rose in the dustbin each time. One day she couldn’t attend a class for some reason. When her father came home he brought a cover with her name on it and handed it to her saying that it was in the letter box. She opened it and was dumbfound to see the same handwriting. It was Xerox of that day’s notes. At dinner her father asked what that package was. She told him that it was that day’s class notes. Someone from her institute must have left it for her there as she didn’t attend the classes. They completed their dinner discussing about his day at the office.

Next day morning her father and mother were present in the hall and were waiting for her. She asked them if something was wrong for which her mother smiled and told her that some officer from Anusha’s father’s office has informed him about a marriage proposal. The groom is well educated and is doing a government job. Both his parents died when he was young and he was brought up by his maternal grandparents. He was staying with them till last year when his grandfather and grandmother expired in a three months gap. Now he is transferred to Mumbai. They said that he has no objection from his end if the girl is ok with his job location.

Anusha’s father told her to think about it and tell them her opinion. Since it is a good match they don’t want to let it go by giving a late reply. So if it is ok with her they would like to proceed further in this matter. She thought a lot about it and as she already knew about their financial condition she agreed to go ahead with the marriage proposal. After everything was settled and the marriage date was fixed she informed her institute director about her marriage and cancelled her admission. While she was waiting for her father a boy approached her and handed over a letter to her and left without saying a word. She saw that there was no name on the envelope. She opened it and started reading the letter present inside.

Hi Anusha. I came to know about your marriage. I hope you are happy with your decision. I always thought that I will have time to tell you about my love to you when we get the jobs of our dreams and settle down in our life. Never in my dreams have I imagined that you would give preference to marriage if you had to choose between job and marriage. I know it is too late now for me to say anything. I wish you all the happiness in the world. If you ever need a friend you will find me by your side. I promise you that. Take care.

Bye.

Your secret admirer.

As she finished reading the letter she saw Sunil, Karan and Zahir standing in the corner and going through the materials. When they saw her they came near and Zahir asked her if she was coming to the class. She told them that she won’t be attending the classes anymore as her marriage was fixed. She was observing them carefully if any one of them would show any sign of being the secret admirer. But as usual she couldn’t find anything unusual in their faces.

When her father came to pick her up, she bid them goodbye and left for home. She packed all her books and gave it to her father to hand them over at the institute and tore the letters written by the secret admirer and threw them away. Her new life is waiting for her and she didn’t want any misunderstandings spoil it. Besides she doesn’t know who this person is. So she thought it is better to forget about it, which she did.

3 people like this.
  10. Salaswathi

Salaswathi Senior IL'ite

Whenever I tried to write something in English, my writing sounds like Tamil. That is my first language. I wonder what is the first language of daisy ? No need to answer that. I was just thinking to myself.
    Are some people in india more imaginative than others ? Is that because of their first language, or their variety in literature, stories ? Or may be parents who encouraged their imagining when they were children ?
    Please dont mind me blabering like this. Thanks for the story.