1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny - part 6

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Aug 1, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

After spending some time with me my parents returned to my paternal grandparents’ house and called me to say that they are going to stay there for a few days.

Here in my new home something looked odd. My husband and his parents were acting strange. Restrictions, restrictions and more restrictions everyday. Whenever my phone rings either my in-laws or my husband stay in the same room until I finish my phone call as if they are searching something or came to keep some paper or a blanket in that room. I didn’t notice at first but then slowly I saw what was happening around. As for my married life… it was not at all normal. My marriage was not consummated yet (not that I want it to in such a confused situation) but every night my hubby prefers to watch TV or got out saying that he has some work and return in the morning.

I started getting doubts. What is going on? He doesn't sit beside me for a few minutes and talk neither he allows me to go anywhere (not even to my parents or grandparents house). Whenever someone comes to meet me they say that I went out for shopping or something else.

My husband started using soft tone only when there was some secret motive in his mind.

I didn’t know what it was in the beginning. Later when started asking me about my parents properties, what do I have in my name and some more questions related to money I understood that there is something fishy going on in this house. One day he even said that I might die in a fire accident or I might die in a car crash. I thought he is seeing too many films and ignored it.

But when he tried to throttle me for the second time I understood that he was damn serious about what he was saying. I approached my mother-in-law and told her about his intentions. She laughed at me and said that she knew all about it and would support her son no matter what he does. I was shocked. Then she said that they were informed by some common friend of my grandfather and her husband all about my family status, my likes and dislikes and then and there itself they have decided to propose and see if we would respond positively. If we did, then they can abstract money my family whenever they want.

I couldn’t believe my own ears. Every single word that Pranav spoke was a lie!!!! It was all pre-planned!!!! I just couldn’t believe it.

From that moment they took my phone from me and I was not allowed to come out of my room. I was kept like a prisoner. I could only eat after my husband comes home and I should finish my meals before he finishes his. If he doesn’t want to eat anything then I won’t be given anything to eat at all. Whenever my phone rang I was supposed to talk infront of them and that too only for 5 minutes. I couldn’t believe my eyes. This was all happening to me that too in this modern world?

I spent every second praying to god to help me, save me and get me out of this hell. I guess he felt pity at my state finally and one fine day all the members of the house went out of station on some work locking me inside the house. In their hurry they thought the other person was having my phone with them and were relaxed.

It was a god sent opportunity for me. I frantically searched for my phone and thanking god I have called my parents and told them all that was going on(except about being throttled by pranav). They said they are on their way and I should take only the necessary things with me like my ID cards and stuff and be ready for them and to act surprised when I see them. I followed every instruction given by them carefully and was waiting for them in my room. I even placed my phone after deleting call records in the same place where I found it so that no one could suspect anything.

Everyone came back home early coz they found out about the missing phone in a conversation. Luckily, my parents also reached home in a few minutes gap. By the time they reached my place everyone in the house was searching for the phone and after finding that it was safely hidden and was no possibility of me finding it out during their absence they relaxed.

I acted surprised to see my parents there and my in-laws and husband felt a bit uneasy. My parents acted all casual and said that I have received an interview call from a good company with a good salary package and that the interview is just a formality as I came out in flying colors in their written exam. My husband and in-laws were on cloud nine to hear this.

My husband called me inside saying that “she needs to do the packing if she has to attend the interview tomorrow. I will help her too.”

Once we were inside the room he said in a sweet tone that now that I am getting a job with such good salary everything is going to be real smooth in our married life. I won’t have to worry about a thing from now on.

But…. You should give all your salary to me as soon as you receive it.

I knew that this was what is going on in everyone’s mind. That is the reason why they are allowing me to go with my parents. I thanked God and my parents in my heart for coming to my rescue and packed all things and left with my parents.

2 people like this.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Horrible people they are. Very good narration @daisy2015

3. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

oMG... when this culture is going to change?? treating girl and girls parents as slaves... feels like boys side people are supiriors:bonk

so pity on deepu, what happend to this pranav? is he not suitable for marriage ??

4. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

happy friendship dya

5. daisy2015

Thank you. Happy friendship day dear.friendssmiley

6. daisy2015

I wonder when that day will come when girls and their parents are treated with respect?
    We can only keep hoping for the best.

You will get all answers in the upcoming chapters. bie1

7. daisy2015

Thank you yukthasri :) trying my best to write a good story. All your suggestions are valuable to me. So tell me what you feel about my story writing... Do i need to improve anywhere ( grammatically or story-wise)? would be waiting.....

1 person likes this.