1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Destiny - part 5

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by daisy2015, Aug 1, 2015.

1. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

I was waiting in our bedroom feeling shy and tensed at the same time. My mother-in-law came in and told me that there was an urgent phone call from his friend some emergency and he had to leave but will be back in a short while. Just after saying this she left my room leaving me in a more confused state.

Phone call at this hour and that too on the very first day of marriage and he didn’t even bother to tell me this himself???? Why?? I would have understood the seriousness of the situation had he told me. I felt very strange and uneasy.

Time was ticking by and Pranav was nowhere. It was 12.30AM I was checking my watch and worrying if something was wrong as he didn’t return yet. Looks like I am the only one worrying in this house as everyone was going to sleep one by one as if nothing is wrong. I was surprised at this behavior.

Looking at the wall clock and waiting for my husband I didn’t realize that I fell asleep until I felt a hand on my shoulders. I was startled and jumped out of bed. Pranav was smiling and looking into my face and was greeting me Good Morning.

With a worried face I asked him where he was and when did he come back?

I returned home just now. Why do you look so worried? Didn’t mother give you my message??

Worried???? I was scared to death. Leaving a message…. Were you not least worried what I would think, how I would feel? I wanted to shout at him. But then my mother’s words came to my mind. “It’s a new home and new people you are going to be with from now on. It will take some time for you and for them to adjust. So have patience my child.”

I silently said YES and went to get ready as we were leaving for our honeymoon in a few hours. I still had no idea where we were going. So after getting ready for the journey I asked him straight saying that I am not that good with surprises.

When first I heard of the location he choose for honeymoon I thought he was joking. A pilgrimage centre for honeymoon?!! What was going on in his mind when he selected this place? I couldn’t stop myself from asking…

Are we really going to Nasik?

Yes. Why do you sound so surprised? As we both are devotees of lord Shiva I thought you would love this place. Don’t you like my idea?

How can I tell him I wouldn’t mind going to Nasik in general, but for honeymoon? Is he out of his mind? Yesterday that and today this. I wonder what kind of surprises are waiting for me in the unseen future!!!! I warned myself not to lose my patience.

It was a 2 days and 1 night trip. So I packed my things accordingly. As we had a confirmed reservation there were no problems regarding the comfort. We reached safely and went straight to the hotel where we have booked a room. After freshening up we visited all the local temples and even visited the Trimbakeshwar temple. Such beautiful temples!! When we offer our prayers to God I think he himself removes all the negativity in us and blesses us with peace of mind.

By the time we reached our room I was feeling happy and peaceful. After a bit of argument that we should go out for dinner and enjoy the view (from me) and to stay back and get room service (from Pranav) I have decided to give up and have ordered our dinner as he liked. We were talking about various topics and suddenly he said…

Why don’t you give me your jewellery? I will keep it safe.

I thought since it is a new place he is worried. But then I was not wearing that much 2 bangles, mangalsutra and the wedding ring. I ignored his comment with a smile. As I was feeling tired I went to bed early and he went to watch TV.

He didn’t mention about jewellery again so I forgot all about it. After doing some more sightseeing we started back home by train.

For some time we were talking about the places we went to and the places we would have seen if we had more time… when everyone was going to bed one by one he once again asked me to give my jewellery. I couldn’t understand why he is asking like this.

Remembering that we are not supposed to remove mangalsutra I said, “It’s just two bangles, a ring and mangalsutra. Why do you worry so much? I will be careful. Besides, your berth is opposite to mine. You can keep an on eye on me if you are so worried.” I was about to get up from my seat when he took hold of throat and throttled me. I was shocked by this act of his. I would have been dead had the passenger who just mounted the train has not come searching for his seat. I was released immediately before anyone noticed. I felt that God himself has come to my rescue and saved me. I went straight to my berth without staying for one more second.

I stayed awake all the night because I was afraid he might try to do something same and succeed if I am not alert. Thankfully we reached our destination. I was scared of the man sitting beside me. Is he really the same person I got married to? I was waiting to go home as I felt safe there. His parents would be there. He won’t try any such thing in his home. Would he?

I was happy to see that my parents were waiting for me. I ran to their side and sat along with them and answered all questions dutifully and truthfully. All except one question. Am I happy???

I didn’t want to bother them with my shocking news so I just avoided answering the question with a smile.

I saw that my husband was all sweet, caring and concerned before my parents. I knew that all my family members were influenced by his sweet tongue during that one trip at my grandparent’s house before marriage. I kept silent and acted normal.

3 people like this.

2. yukthasri

yukthasri Bronze IL'ite

Going good. Hope she comes out the abuse soon.

3. daisy2015

daisy2015 Platinum IL'ite

Can't tell you now. :biggrin2: You just have to wait and see.....