1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Caveman and The Plain Damsel Chapter1

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by jayashreer513, Jul 1, 2015.

1. jayashreer513

jayashreer513 Silver IL'ite

Chapter 1. Introductions...

Akansha is a small town girl. Her parents (Govindaraj and Sulakshana) are simple people who do farming and they have made her study computers thinking that she would be their life’s meaning and hope.
    Ravi orphaned at age of 10. He lost his parents at the tender age to car accident. He doesn’t even recall their face now. They have showered all their hard earned money for Ravi. He has a very luxurious life guarded by his uncle. Though he loves his uncle(Jayasooya) a lot, he doesn’t allow anyone to dictate his life. He lives on his own terms. He doesn’t display his wealth. He works in IT and he is very passionate about his job. He has bigger dreams for his future.

5a.m
    Ravi tossed on his bed and looked at the clock. It showed 5a.m in morning and he simply stretched and looked out of the window that lay close to his bed. He could see the balcony that stretched opposite and there was a girl standing there. He cleared his eyes and gave a sweeping lazy look to the balcony. The girl was not gorgeous babe, but was an unattractive girl with plain features and she was in plain night dress. But she had such an expressive eyes looking at the reddening sky with a coffee mug in her hand. He gave a sigh, why don’t I ever get the luck of being neighbor of someone like Bipasha as it happens in the movie. He tossed again and tried to catch more sleep.
    Akansha was very excited to be in new town. She loved her flat along with her roommate, Nithya. Her flat lay on the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] floor of the apartment and her balcony was exactly facing east direction. She always loves to look out at the rising sun and thinking about simply nothing. Today is my first day at job after training, hope it’s going to be a brilliant start for my great career, she thought. She is a perfectionist in anything she does. She just lay there for 30 minutes more sipping her coffee, till the sun came up completely.
    9a.m
    Akansha was in office, meeting her new team members. All seemed cool to her. She took the free desktop and started browsing through the project documents slowly. Aditya, pinged her in messenger. He has been assigned to another team. HE is her friend from training and two weeks before he has proposed to her, which she refused laughing off. He has promised to remain as friend ever since. She joined Aditya and other friends in cafeteria and after nonstop chitchats she had little food in her stomach. She went back to her project area. Akansha and Deepali (Another new girl) was introduced to Ravi, as her new lead. After formal introductions, Ravi started the training for both the girls.
    Ravi have lots of work to be completed, above that he needs to train these girls also.”Its better I myself take more work. Rather than training them, then giving them task. And later they come back to me to finish it.” He thought. He looked at both the girls in front of him. He recognized the one as his neighbor and the other girl (Deepali) was disturbing him more with her slightly deep neck dress. He was not able to concentrate on the training. However, he was just wanting to finish an hour session.
    Akansha was fuming from inside. “This Ravi looks at Deepali so indecently. Yuck!” She thought. “Even if I am asking any doubt, he looks at Deepali for answering. Caveman of the century!!!” She thought. Once training was complete she left to her room and started preparing for the next day.

3 weeks later.
    Akansha started slowly getting herself detached from her training friends. She hangs around her new project mates. But Adi joins her with her group. She is now hanging around with Deepali, Sujai, Meena and Ravi. How much ever, she wants to avoid Ravi, he remains in the same group. But she has a strong dislike for the caveman. He drinks occasionally with friends, looks at all hot girls(ignore all the plain girls) , very much knowledgeable in programming, planning to own a business someday. During tea break Deepali blurted out that she has very strong attraction for the caveman and she tries to talk with him after office hours over phone, but he never attends her call. She haven’t told him yet.
    Akansha asks “Deepali, don’t you think its little early to decide or feel love.”
    Deepali “Comeon! When love happens it happens it’s not a project that has any delivery date or testing time etc…It’s not time based. I really have feelings for him. “
    Akansha says “Oops! Soory yaar don’t be upset. All the best then. “
    Deepali says “I need your help in making Ravi fall for me”
    Akansha thought “That’s not difficult babe, more you expose more the caveman falls for you.” But she refrained from saying it. With a long breathe she said “See Deepali, I don’t like him much. “ The very sight of makes my stomach churn..stop the mind voice. She again said “He is not a good choice and I don’t want to help. I am sorry “
    Immediately Deepali said “You are jealous! It’s very old fashioned to say you hate to make him fall for you. Is it any kind of game???”
    Akansha laughed loudly “That was mean. But I am not a bit angry, probably because it’s not true at all. “ With that Akansha left to start her work again and she completely forgot about Deepali.

6 people like this.

2. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Good Start Jayashree :) Loved it :) Waiting for next :)

3. niranjanacool37

niranjanacool37 Silver IL'ite

wow a very good story... nice start.. i'm eagerly waiting to read the story further.. update soon :) :)

4. StrangerLady

StrangerLady Gold IL'ite

Hi Jayashree

First episode itself is rocking ya, I loved the title very different n creative.

Ur narrating style is very gud too n the cherry on the top is the heroine is not depicted to be very beautiful like many other stories show.

5. jayashreer513

Re: Caveman and The Plain Damsel

Thank you all for liking it.

Chapter 2
    5 weeks later.
    It was a lunch time. Ravi and Deepali were waiting alone in cafeteria for others. Ravi could feel that something is wrong with deepali but he didnt bother more about it. He loved to exhibit attitude towards anything.
    Sujai , Akansha and others reached the table.Akansha was carrying dubba food (some diet stuff). Rest all of them were having cafeteria meals. Ravi was carried away by the delicious smell of the food in Akansha dubba. "Shall I ?" He raised his hand towards her dubba and asked. She pushed the box towards him. It was multigrain salad and it tasted delicious. "Hey Akansha I have a proposal...See, you are slim, I am relatively fatter. You can have my biriyani. I will have your diet food."
    Akansha smiled at him. "Today you have biriyani. From tomorrow I will get extra food for you". Deepali was growing restless. "Akansha is sure playing some games" She thought.
    The next day Akansha got lunch for Ravi too. Ravi really enjoyed every bite of the food.

After few weeks of lunch sharing Ravi felt that, he has lost his last arrogant 6 pounds weight around his tummy, his skin has become clearer. Daily he took lunch from her, and she expects absolutely nothing from him, nor help in work or free lunches or chocolates or anything.

If he offers anything she masks a hurt expression on her eyes. He felt like a charity case now with this girl. And he hated it. That day, by 2p.m, her project manager said there is some team activity for developing team bond and started asking every one to assemble in room seperately. She knows very well what would they do during these times.
    Each would be deliberately pulled out from there comfortable friends and would be asked to play with senior members. Actually these senior members would rarely smile or talk with younger people otherwise. But during these activities they artificially bond and it looks very made up for Akansha. she pretended like going to washroom and silently slipped into electrical room nearby. Akansha was sitting there on floor waiting for all to leave the workplace to play area. She hears someone walking in the corridor and she could hear her P.M voice calling others to hurry up. Akansha is scaredfor a mintue that he might look into te electical room through the glass opening and silently she moves to the adjacent room, and she doesnt know which room is it. THe minute she enters she could see that the room was very small dungeon type of around 6feet to 6feet out of which already a shadow was occupying almost the whole room.
    The minute she entered the room the shadow moved to the corner of the room giving space to her, giving as much as possible room to her. It asked her to keep quite by raising his finger to his lips. Akansha saw Ravi there impossibly large towering over her. She has never felt he is this big may be because she never got this close to him. Suddenly as an instinct, Ravi's oggling look on Deepali came to her memory and she hurriedly adjusted her dress. But Ravi was not even looking at her. He was busy looking at the locked door infront, hoping not to be caught. "This is what best I could do to make this girl feel comfortable, So that she wont scream." He thought
    After an awkward 10 minutes they both came out of the room. Trying to lighten the scenario Akansha asked"Hey Mr.cool what were you doing there? Thought you liked to have all your girl friends around you as rpoject bonding" Ravi gave a do I care look and replied "Yepp but they will make me sit with aunties like you. Thats why I was hiding over there. Okies I am going home now for nap" And then he left.Akansha was wondering "He never looks at me in any disturbing way. Am I that plain ?? IS he Caveman or Mr.Cool?" With that she turns around to find Deepali there glaring at her. Her cute face was pink with anger. With that she runs away without giving a chance to Akansha to explain.
    Akansha felt so bad for the situation misunderstood. She went behind Deepali. Deepali was crying lying down on the desk. Akansha sat beside her and was rubbing Deepali's back. With that she said "Deeps we both were hiding in that electrical room. Please don't make a big issue out of it. I will help you in your love. Tell me what do you want me to do? " Deepali stopped crying "Don't lie to me Akansha. You may say that you hate him. But I could see that you both are so much attracted to each other." Akansha bit her lips and controlling herself she let out her words carefully " Deeps I don't have time for your lover girl jealousy, I don't have any hots for your guy. Trust me. Let me know if you need help. I am offering this now because, I made you cry that's y" With this Akansha stopped talking and looked at Deepali indicating that now its your turn to talk. Deepali wiped her tears. "Heard that your flat is next to his bungalow. Would you take me as your room mate?" Akansha immediately agreed.
    Akansha was thinking to herself "What would Deeps do if she comes to know tat rarely Ravi and I have a early morning chat with coffee in our hands. And it drags to 30 minutes sometimes." Her mind was boggling now. "With Deeps eyes on me, being microscopic about my behavior to him, how am I going to manage." Akansha already formulated a plan.

5 people like this.
  6. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

nice start dear..you story going very well.
    please post and continue your stroy..it is wonderful.
    all the best dear

7. niranjanacool37

hii..
    your stry seems to be really in different light and i'm eager to read it further..
    wht's the prblm with this deepali?huhh..

thanks for posting the nxt epi soon.. i like the way that akansha is plain.. and nt that beauty queen sort :)

8. jayashreer513

Thank you gals for the support. Here is chapter 3:

Deepali moved in Akansha’s room the same day. Akansha was tired from the day’s work and slept soon. Next morning she made her coffee and drank it sitting in her mushy grey color sofa. She didn’t dare to go out in balcony for the fear of seeing Ravi there, adding to Deeps suspicion. Usually her every day mornings will be very busy, bathing, washing her clothes, making lunch and breakfast. Akansha thought of giving it all a break. From 5:30 to 7:30 (till the time she catches her bus) she didn’t have anything to do today. So, gave a long oil massage to her curly waist length hair and did a facial and hair mask as well. Later she went down along with Deepali to the bus stop. Behind her cool exterior she was indeed worried about how to disclose to Ravi about no more sharing of food.
    Akansha had two plans in her mind. First of all she had to know more about Ravi. He doesn’t look like any good guy. Sure if she expose any of his flaw to Deeps she would come out of it. Akansha has a long history of breaking crushes that her friends used to have back in college. All she did was helped them see the real guy they were behind and boom!!!! The so called attraction crushes under the reality. That is what she has planned to do with Deepali now. And another plan is stop getting anywhere near to Ravi. So, that Deepali would relax with her jealousy episode and that would help her relax for a while and she could see the real Ravi.
    While travelling to office in the bus, Akansha was wondering about the ways to go about her plan. She knew few things about Ravi which was not much useful. He worked long hours. After 6p.m in office he goes to gym, later comes again to work from 8 p.m. to ungodly hours. Later he reaches home just for sleep. All the girls in his team were lovely and beautiful. And they would be always flocked around him all the time. He is a ladies man and Deeps should know about it but she doesn’t care about it at all. How am I going to make her run away from this guy? Akansha was wondering.
    During lunch time, Ravi didn’t ask her anything about lunch that she didn’t bring. He just went ahead got the cafeteria food preventing her the embarrassment to answer. “Had he known anything about Deepali?” Akansha was wondering. Ravi expected to see Akansha today in Balcony he didn’t see her. And later not bringing lunch, it did tell something to Ravi. He didn’t want to ask her or put himself in vulnerable spot. “Has she understood something wrong about me, in that electric room the previous day?” Ravi was wondering to himself
    Later during tea break, Akansha saw Irfan sipping coffee alone. Irfan works in Ravi’s immediate team. He is a very good guy who is still in learning phase. Akansha said hi and pulled a chair next to him.
    Akansha “Hi Irfan! How is project?
    Irfan “Going very good yaar”.
    Akansha “Thought of just asking for module change to my lead. How is Ravi? Very mean or lenient...”
    Irfan “Hey Akansha! I have already start idolizing him man. He is a perfect lead. He is neither mean nor lenient. He showed me what am capable of. He gets the task from you in effortless way. “
    And for next 10 whole minutes, Irfan went nonstop on about how great Ravi is. “Your coffees going cold. One mosquito fell into it. I think you need to get a fresh one” Akansha stammered, blocking the guy. She thought “I knew he was excellent professionally. He should be having some personal flaws.” Racing her mind she was listing “unhealthy lifestyle, pot belly, receding hairline, and smoking, abusive parents, him being an abusive partner, flirt, affairs, and flings. Something I should unearth about him. He doesn’t look that perfect by the way” Akansha let out a deep breathe.

4 months later

Ravi was quite sure that Akansha was avoiding him after that EB room incident. But he pretended not to care about it outside. Though everyday he was thinking about those awkward minutes in that small area, out of some unknown tension he didn’t even look at the girl that day. As a result of rerunning in his brain, he remembered that she did smell sweet and he could hear her breathes and feel her tense. That was it. What went wrong, he was not able to deduce. But sure he lost lot of benefits from that day, like early morning chats (mostly she becomes Akanshananda and gives lectures on life and enlightenment), couple of smile sharing on work area and lunch time, lip-smacking lunches. She doesn’t even seem to notice his presence in group. She was completely ignoring him.
    Deepali was trying every day to grab Ravi’s attention, in Balcony, terrace, office and everywhere. So far that she has asked Ravi to drop her home every day saying some reason or other. Ravi took it as general interest from Deeps side to learn more work from him and to get good ratings, perks in job. And he did all to encourage her professionally. And still he was really not aware of her intentions.

Life was tiring for Akansha however, she has tried all possible steps to let out any of the flaws Ravi had. He seems to be Mr. Perfect. No physical flaws, always dressed neatly in designer clothes, driving swift daily to office, being very helpful to others, he doesn’t attend any unknown or office calls after office hours strictly. Could all the girls (around some 10 of them) around him have a platonic relationship with him, she didn’t know. HE did come across as a caveman only, to her. But these days she haven’t even seen him ogling at any girl.
    Akansha was in market that day and it was a Sunday. She was planning to have fish fry and rasam for lunch and was waiting there in long queue for her fish to be cleaned. It was quite a bright day and sun was ruthlessly torturing everyone with this fury. Just then, a lady around 50 yrs age standing before her fainted. Akansha held her immediately preventing her to have a heavy fall. Just then, another middle aged man came running in her direction. She sprinkled water on the fainted lady face and gave her water. The older man and lady left the place in hurry with the fish, in car. She came home and finished preparing her food. Just then, she heard the bell ringing in her flat. When enquired she happened to see the older man from fish market there.
    “Hi madam! “ He did look tired with his slim face and tired body. Akansha was not sure if to call him in or do what since it’s a ladies apartment. She did feel him like her father. “ How Is she?” Akansha enquired concerned. He looked undisturbed “She faints every now and then. She has low B.P problem madam. We work in opposite bungalow. She is my wife. I wanted to thank you. We were in a hurry this morning.”

Akansha gave a warm smile. “That’s fine. Come in!. “ she offered. Wicked Akansha was grinning in her mind to grind more information from him about Ravi. Murugan said” No ma. Am busy. Since she fainted in morning I am only cooking. It’s still to be done. I am leaving.”
    Akansha said” Doesn’t your boss give even a day off knowing that you guys are unwell..” She deliberately said this loud so that Deepali would hear her. Deeps was still on her bed.

She was taking good advantage of Akansha. Akansha has become like a mother to Deeps, taking up all the work herself. Deeps has all day just to sigh and look at his closed balcony. “Oh my god! This girl is going mad, without knowing her value, sure she doesn’t know her own value. She deserves better than a caveman.”

Murugan’s voice blocked her thought “Please don’t say like that ma. We are already staying in that house for free with food. Ravi is paying for my girl’s education also. My girl is studying bolocogy. “Looking at Akansha’s face he continued “See! I don’t know to say that properly also. Just imagine who would have such a big heart.” Murugan was going on and on and on. Akansha became so irritated and she blurted out which she shouldn’t have told. “But uncle these days we should keep our girls secured. Though rich you cannot guarantee a person to be good in heart with the money he possess. Right”
    “OMG! That was a huge mistake.” She realized immediately when she saw Murugan’s reaction. “They both are like siblings. You are sick” he left the place with these small words. But his hurt and horror expression on face said million words to her. Deepali did hear that. She was all in smiles, “How much she wished that this information reaches Ravi and he hates Akansha forever.” Though Deepali spends so much of time with Ravi she could see that he consider her nothing more than a friend, whereas even if he happens to see Akansha for a nanosecond a day, she could see the flash of longingness in his eyes. And she is jealous of that to a huge deal. “This bitch is playing games with his mind to make him miss. “ She thought. Tiredly Akansha sat on the sofa. She was hurt for the worst words which came out of her own mouth. She has become a bitch after coming to city. What happened to the values her parents gave her. “To speak always good”..That too, to a father like person. She closed her eyes and lay down on sofa to nap without having food. She was in no mood for food.

6 people like this.
  9. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

good one dear. poor akanshan ...

10. niranjanacool37

good going dear.. don't part akansha and ravi..
    waiting to see them together..
    thanks for super fast posting..