1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The journey of love…Part XXI

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Angellic, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

The journey of love…Part XXI

She turned her head, gesturing something to tweety, she stepped ahead. She didn't see the person in the front. She tripped and spilled the juice all over that person’s white shirt.

Oops, I’m so sorry…she said slowly rolling her eyes up to see who the person was…

To her surprise, it was vedhanayakam, her college senior…

His eyes popped open. He paused for a moment, took a deep breath and looking deep into her eyes, completely lost in his own thought and then cracked a big smile. While titli slapped on her forehead for the mistake of tripping over him…

I’m so sorry, she said plainly.

Seeing a hint of disappointment cross her face, he added “its ok. Hmm, how are you doing??”

I’m good, she replied and cursing herself, she left the place in a hurry. She went straight to bhumi’s room and started yelling at her. You invited our seniors too? She asked angrily.

Of course yaar, how can I not invite them, replied bhumi coolly…

Argh!!! Vedhanayagam… Just now I met him…why yaar? Why the hell are you doing this to me? If you said this before I would have joined my mom rather than facing this embarrassment, she said it in an unpleasant tone…

Arre, its been nearly 4 years, he might have hooked up with someone by this time, so tu tension kyu le rahi hai? She said…

Nahi yaar, tum nahi samjogii the way he looked…(before titli completes)

Hey bhumi, May I come in? Came a voice from the door…

Both turned simultaneously, it was vedhanayagam on the other end…

Titli dropped her head down and stepped out of that room silently while bhumi gave a big smile & warmly welcomed him in…

Hey come in man…where are the other idiots? She asked…

What? Idiots uh? Kya bhumi seniors ko bhi respect nahi? Asked Daniel…

Arre Dani, me aapko kaha respect dethi huh ki me seniors ko respect do? Don’t you dare expect such weird things from me huh, she said with a wink…

Hey vedh, this is Dani, my love, said bhumi to vedhanayakam…

Hello Daniel. Well, I feel so sorry for you man. Bhumi, please take care of him…he said it playfully laughing at his own joke.

Daniel too joined him...

“Ha ha ha” Very funny…ok where are the other guys?? Asked bhumi…

Hey few got held up with some other work, not sure about their arrivals but some are on the way, will join us soon. Since I came directly from the hotel so reached here before time. Was I too early for the function? He asked…

Vaise tum jaldi mujhse nahi kissi aur ko milne hi tho aaye (you came early to meet someone else not me) she said with a naughty wink…

Hmm, she was completely out of my thought all these days, you know. But when she tripped over me just few minutes ago, that was a heavenly feeling. Words can’t express what I felt. Its sorta strange feeling, you know.

My heart was beating so fastly, I was sweating outside but feeling a chill inside. I was smiling, goosebumps all over my body and butterflies dancing to the romantic beats in my stomach.

I was absolutely blank and my mind was full of random crap. That was simply awesome. I get this sorta feeling everything when her eyes meet mine. But she turn her eyes so quickly that that moment lasts too short. I thought everything changes with time but I was wrong. I thought I don’t love her anymore, but I was damn wrong. I can’t deny this fact that I really liked her a lot once and always, I can’t regret that, he said it merrily…

Hey vaise, she is damn upset with her love life and she came to this wedding with a hope of meeting her vedh. For her, meeting you might be a nightmare at this moment, said bhumi…

Arre let me tell you, you deserve someone much much better than titli. Trust me, you are too good. Kyu life ko aur complicated banna raha hai, advised bhumi.

Love is not an options its just happened, he replied…

Oh please, same dialogue. Uff, tum dono ko bollywood movies ne bigada hai. Aise dialogues movie me bhi mujhe sunne accha nahi lagta hai (I hate such dialogs even in the movies). Vaise ye marriage me kafi gals aaye hai (there are lots of pretty gals in this marriage hall) better select someone else and for god’s sake, titli ko bhul ja yaar, for your own good, she advised again…

Daniel smiled and motioned her to stop the gyaan(advice). Vedhanayagam plastered a robotic smile hearing her advice…

Later on, the other seniors joined them and all wished the couple. Then after having some fun time teasing bhumi and Daniel, they all left the room and occupied the seats in the front row which were all empty…

Bhumi got vedh’s number from Daniel and called him…

Hello, Came the voice from the other end…

Hey, its bhumi here, today is my engagement and I think you know that.
    So, You are coming right?? Where are you now? She asked…

No yaar, I’m not coming, piled up with some work, he said it in a low pitched voice…

Nothing doing, you are coming Ok… no excuse uh…better come soon. Titli is waiting for you, bichari looking for you since long, she said…

That’s why I’m not coming. Tell her I’m not gonna come. I don’t wanna get hurt again. Aaj usse milunga then she will repeat the same stupid stuffs. My mom is more important to me. I cant select him over my mom blablabla. I don’t wanna hear that crap again. Will meet you personally sometime later but not today. I’m sorry, I can’t come. I hope you understand, he said…

Arre vedh pagal hogaye ho kya? Vedhanayagam, yaad hai? The one who was behind titli during our college days. He is here and he still loves her. You better come soon, have a talk with her aur decide karo what to do next, advised bhumi…

Titli heard it from the corner of the door and stepped into the room curiously waiting for the call to end…

No yaar, I’m not coming saying this he hung up the call…

He is not coming nah? Asked titli disappointedly…

Bhumi nodded her head up and down…

Titli’s face dropped down sorrowfully…

Don’t worry, I will convince vedh, said Daniel giving a tiny ray of hope…

She left the room and came to the hall, sat in one corner, in a deep thought, thinking about how to convince vedh.

Panditji advised bhumi’s dad to have a Ganapathi homom before marriage. So they arranged for that. Pandit ji called both Daniel and bhumi and they both came and sat near one another, panditji instructed them to repeat the mantras chanted by him. Dani and bhumi followed the same…

Titli’s eyes were curiously looking for vedh in the crowd. But he didn’t come. Tears running down her cheeks in frustration, unable to control her tears, she went to the restroom.

The moment she came out of the restroom, she saw vedh entering the hall. Her eyes popped out looking at him then she walked towards the entrance to welcome him.

She went close to him. She gazed at him and their eyes met daring him to deny her. She further gazed at him, this time with an intense admiration. She experienced a terrible emptiness within her. Somewhere two planets have collided and her world has come to an end. She felt as if no one around her, no sound to be heard, except her heartbeats. She was unable to take her eyes off him.

He was in an olive green shirt and black pant with scruffy, unshaven face, he was looking completely different. Upon seeing his scruffy unshaven face, she felt an immense pain in her heart.

I’m sorry, vedh… she said struggling to utter any other words…

He took the courage to look straight into her tear filled eyes. After what seemed an interminable pause, he finally answered. What sorry? Sorry is a word meant for the mistake done unintentionally not purposely, He said it bluntly…

Happy b’day vedh, she said, her voice reflected the immense love, her face was almost in tears, was easy to convince his stubbornness, he darted an angry look at her, and left the place faking anger hiding his feelings…

He glanced through the hall, looking for some familiar faces. He saw amey his work mate and so he went and sat next to him. He motioned a Hii to the couple and wished them. Then he was busy chatting with amey.

Someone is staring at you, said amey…

Who cares? Vedh replied…

Don’t you? Asked amey…

He nodded his head to the left and right…

Title came and sat next to him.

Vedh, I wanna talk to you, can I borrow a few minutes of your time? Please…she asked sadly.

You said, you were very happy in Chennai & you don’t miss me and all, now what happen? If you are so happy with your life then why should I disturb you? He asked

Happy b’day vedh, saying that she took one of his large hands and placed
    a small gift wrapped box right in the middle of his palm.

Oh, its your b’day? Asked amey…

Yeah, said vedh…

Happy b’day bro, said amey.

Thanks dude, he replied…

Kya hogaya yaar? Its your b’day today and look at you kaise dekh raha hai. Hair trim vrim karke, shave karke tho aata, said amey with tone of concern.

Yeah, Its my b’day today but I’m like this. Do you know the reason? Its all because of her, he replied angrily…

The one who is placing a gift box on my palm, was the one who asked me who am’I on my b’day three years back. I stopped celebrating my b’day after that incident. This day brings a lot of heart ache to me yaar. She will behavior like an innocent gal here in front of your people and then Chennai shift ho gayi tho puchegi who are you? Do I deserve that pain again; he asked angrily looking at her…

She started sobbing, and copious large tears started flowing down her cheeks; like a cascading waterfall flowing down the mountain.

He plowed his fingers through his hair and made a noise deep in his throat. Hey you know, Very soon, I’m planning to get married yaar. My mom has already selected a gal for me. Very nice gal, vo “meri brother ki dulhan” title song hai nah, ussme jo description Imran deta hai nah, she is same like that, mom ne pata nahi kaise aise gal ko koj neekala all thanks to her, he said looking at her from the corner of his eyes.

She gave him a skeptical look...

Amey, you know this gal is too good yaar. She is quite understanding and love me more than anyone else in this world, more than her mom & she don’t have any problem with my smoking, drinking habits, and that’s the best part in her, he added

Titli heard it all. She was completely blank for a moment.

Now tears started flooding down her cheeks out of anger. She pushed her chair back and left the place. She went out. There was a big garden. She sat on a corner of the bench…

Panditji told the elderly people to come to the stage and perform the nalangu and bless the couple…

All the sumangalis in the family started appearing on the stage applying sandal paste to her face, hands and legs, followed by kumkum on her forehead then sprinkled Rose water and flowers as a form of blessing.

Meenakshi came. She saw titli sitting alone in one corner in the garden. She went near her.

What happened ma? She asked.

She turned her face to the other side, frantically wiped off the tears from her cheeks and faked a smile…

Mom, she said looking blank as she didn't expect her mom so soon.

You were crying? She asked.

Ella ma, I was standing close to the homam, my eyes started burning so came out. She said it in a genuine tone to make her mom believe what she had said.

Her mom was in a hurry to move in and to meet the bride. So she told titli to relax and she went straight into the hall. She saw people blessing the couple so she too went to the stage to bless the couple. Panditji told meenakshi to apply chandanam on her cheek; she did that and then applied a thick dot of kumkum on her forehead and blessed them.

Bring more thambulam instructed panditji. Daniel’s uncle who was arranging the thambulam came in a hurry. Meenakshi turned her face to collect it and was startled seeing daniel’s uncle so was he…

The journey of love…Part XXI.docx

Journey To be continued…

With love,
    Angellic :)

8 people like this.

2. Nakshatra

Nakshatra Bronze IL'ite

Awesome! I was waiting waiting for this. I hope Vedh and Titli become friends again.

3. springsnb

springsnb Gold IL'ite

is he tiltis father????

i expected" in todays post tiltis mom can understand tiltis love towords her and towards vedh"
    huh

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  4. induarc2013

induarc2013 Bronze IL'ite

Angellic...
    where wr u all these days.....:evil:
    Very nice post....:thumbsup

5. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for continuing angelic. Loved reading this episode. Please write more.

6. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Angellic

I was waiting for this from so long at last got to read it but again you stopped at such an odd place ........:|
    Now who is this Dani's uncle????? come back soon with the answer....:)

7. Jackrose

Jackrose Bronze IL'ite

Hi Angellic,

Waited for this story to continue from so long.....nice episode:thumbsup. Hope Vedh and Titli will get married and it will be a happy ending:)

Eagerly waiting to read the next episodewaitingsmiley

8. Nakshatra

Nakshatra Bronze IL'ite

Angellic, please post the next episode.

9. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Angelic, after a long gap, you have posted very nice episode but with a suspense in the end. Pls come back with the next episode soon.....

10. mithra3412

mithra3412 Platinum IL'ite

please continue the journey dear @Angellic