1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

13, raccoll street-2

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by cherrybud, Sep 22, 2014.

1. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

Amrita was shocked by the incident to the extent that she couldn’t talk to anybody for few hours. Bharat explained the incident to her parents. They were shocked as well. Bharat told them not to disturb her till she gets herself relieved. Amrita was lying on her bed. Bharat reached her and touched her forehead softly. She opened her eyes.

Bharat smiled at her softly and held her right hand. He could feel her fingers shiver mildly. He touched her cheeks as if he were assuring her his protection. They didn’t talk. Half an hour passed by and Bharat stood up to leave.

“Ammu… don’t worry about anything…. I am going to see our Nirmal and file a complaint…. I made a call to him and he will be waiting for me….” Bharat told as he started to leave.

“Bharat…” Amrita called him in a soft tired voice.

“Yes… sweety…. “ Bharat replied her in a relieved tone. He felt happy as she talked to him.

“Please don’t file a complaint…. This is just a robbery attempt and somehow you saved me…. I don’t want to get myself indulged in this bitter thought again and again by the tedious questionnaire session of Nirmal… You know him and you know how he is going to do this….” She told him softly but firmly.

“Look Ammu…. This is not good…. You are a reporter and it is our duty to respond to such crimes… If you are doing like this, how can we expect an ordinary girl to respond differently in such a condition?” Bharat felt a little irritated and his voice echoed this.

“Please forget for some time that I am a reporter…. Just consider me an ordinary girl… if you truly love me, you will accept my request…” Amrita looked his face for his answer.

Bharat stood there for a while thinking and he nodded his head positively.

“Thank you so much baby…” She kissed his hand. Bharat smiled at her and returned the favour with a strong kiss in her small beautiful lips and bid her good bye.

Amrita looked at his back as he walked away with blushed cheeks.

Bharat came out of her house and called Nirmal and fixed an appointment with him in his house in the evening. They met and Bharat explained the incident to him.

“Do you suspect anybody? Nirmal asked.

“Suspect?.... No…. Why?” Bharat was anxious.

“May be rivals because of your profession…”

“No way…. She is just a junior and doing her assignments in the entertainment session…. So no way she has an enemy….” Bharat sounded so sure.

“Then, it might be the ordinary case of robbery… See, these days at least a minimum of ten happen within every station limit every 24 hours… Sometimes the criminals are caught and sometimes not…. Anyways, ask her to be careful… I will call her myself…” Nirmal said.

Both of them talked about some more time and Bharat left to his home. Nirmal is one of his closest friends of Bharat and he is the Assistant Commissioner of Police. He is a young man in his late twenties like Bharat. Both of them are thick friends from their childhood days.

A week passed. Amrita is back to normalcy and Bharat also tried to forget the bitter experience.

“Hey Arun… What’s the hot news today?” Bharat enquired Arun in a fun tone, his colleague who was setting the prompt reader for the News time.

“Nothing except the usual stuff buddy….” Arun replied with a smile. “Usual polity, the cheap plays of them, by elections, results, cricket, robbery, murder…. Hmm…” He continued.

Exactly ten minutes later the News time started and a young woman in her accented English start to read the News and important News were running on the scrolls. Bharat was standing in front of a News room television and was reading the News.

A MIDDLE AGED WOMAN WAS ATTACKED AND ROBBED BY STRANGERS: SHE WAS MADE TO BREATH CHLOROFORM AND WAS MADE UNCONSCIOUS BEFORE THE ROBBERY TOOK PLACE.

Bharat’s curiosity woke up the next second unknowingly.

(To be Continued….)
    :coffee

2. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Nice going Cherrybud!! so here is a crime-based story?!!
    Good Narration.. Waiting for the next updates!!

1 person likes this.
  3. cherrybud

cherrybud Silver IL'ite

Hey, Rajeni...

Thank you....

Its really a pleasure to receive FB from you.... I have read the stories written by you in Regional Stories section... They are awesome... I am a fan of you, yams and all :)

Love,
    S.

1 person likes this.
  4. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Cherry bud nice story

5. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the appreciation, cherrybud!! It really motivates me to write more!