1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stories (Fiction)

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by reenabino, Sep 14, 2014.

1. reenabino

reenabino New IL'ite

AS I LOOK BACK
    Long drives are always a thrilling experience. But once in a while a wrong road, a wrong direction, a wrong sign board can be a nightmare. We had never thought when we began our journey to this magnificent destination……………………

The arrow to the left was a beautiful landscaped road, the greenery, cool breeze was a thrill for driving. But there was no sign of any vehicle and I was wondering how could peopledodge such a beautiful road. Driving a few more kms, we came across a narrow road with trees on both sides almost resembling a jungle but we drove further hoping it would take us to the highway.

Could hear the birds chirping, some horrifying sounds ……I said to my husband where are we going?His silence and confused look, gave me the answer. I held my 6 year old son tightly in my armsand covered him with a shawl only to give him extra protection. I could recall all the memories of the jungle book stories, the ghosts, the lost treasure and all the scary tales.

A glance at the petrol indicator was a sigh of relief since there was enough fuel in the tank to drive ahead. With no mobile network I could hear my heartbeat more and more louder. As we drove the jungle grew more and more thicker and darker, the dense forest was covering all the sunlight. I remembered all the Gods, the temples I have visited so far and prayed to all, to get us out of this jungle mystery.
    A sudden brake made me look ahead only to see a huge animal crossing very gently at its own pace. What if he had to stop, turn, look around and see us sitting in our car.My heart was in my mouth. At his every footstep I prayed at least a 1000 times with my body temperature dropping to minus zero. Ithought of all the horror in this 3 minutes of his leisure walk to the other side of the road. And why not its their jungle, their hometown and we were uninvited guests.

With God’s blessing’s,little further we noticed two aged men. We drove a little closer and inquired about the mysterious road. The reply was shocking …. Why did you take this road, this is the jungle road and not very safe, you have to travel more 10 kilometers to get connected to the highway.

As far as I understand mathematics,10 is a small digit but in the jungle it was the longest digit that would calculate all the astrology for us. We had no other choice than to continue our jungle journey with hopes, prayers and the confidence to reach our destination. Finally we got connected to the highway, stopped the car,drankwater which tasted like honey. Looked around to check the sign board not once but twice.Thought to myself what were the two men doing in the jungle?

1 person likes this.

2. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

nice narration reena. it was scary also, and of course all is well that ends well. you are left with thrilling memories.

3. reenabino

reenabino New IL'ite

Thankyou Padmaja, and as you said "all is well that ends well' very much true, but difficult to forget those moments and those memories

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Reena

There is no apt title for this story..... But well narrated.

1 person likes this.