1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Life in Silence.

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by MMJJJ, Sep 1, 2014.

1. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Readers please read this story carefully. This story is about a woman, named Manasi.
    Manasi, a young ambitious, innocent girl , who was at the threshold of womanhood. Life was very good to her. She was studying M.B.A. when she met Vishal. Both fell in love with each other.
    Somehow Manasi's parents came to know about this. Then she was not allowed to go out of house. She was forced to marry with the one whom her parents chose for her, a well settled, rich , handsome NRI, Rakesh . Rakesh was very handsome, any girl would love to date with him.
    Manasi liked him but her heart was filled with Vishal's memories now how would she start a life with Rakesh? Manasi had to discontinue her studies and she moved to US with Rakesh.
    Vishal could not do anything, he wept, broke few household items to vent out his anger of not able to do anything.
    Life kept changing for Manasi. Early days after marriage Rakesh showered a lot of love on her. She at once thought to herself, now her life is only with her husband. Earlier she resisted but later she surrendered to the life chosen by her parents.
    After 3 months or so Manasi happened to find out that her husband is a flirt. He is in contact with many other girls in his office. She was taken aback. Her life was shattered. She became more suspicious. One day she happened to login to his Facebook page where she found out that her husband was dating many girls at a time. There were many dirty pictures of girls on his tablet. She was shocked to see all this. The first thing that cropped up was what will she do now, a totally new country where all are strangers to her. Those were the most inconsolable moments of her life. She could not stop her tears.
    A big quarrel happened that day when she asked Rakesh about all that she came to know. There Manasi saw her husband's another face as an abusive partner. He hit her so badly for invading his privacy. He asked her to go back to her parents if she wish to , otherwise she had to adjust with him. From that day onwards he started abusing her physically, emotionally and sexually. Sometimes in the middle of the night he waked her up to do all nasty stuffs to please him sexually.
    Manasi's Indian values refrained her from calling 911, the police. She could not even tell anything to her parents as she thought her parents wont be able to bear this. She was leading a life in silence.
    After six months Manasi became pregnant. She thought her child could change her life. She felt so lonely at the bottom of her heart. Depressed at her miserable life. She used to think how she is going to spend rest of her life with such an abusive husband. He never bothered about her. He used her whenever he wanted. Manasi was unaware of the fact that all her feelings were felt by the baby growing in her womb.
    At times it seems , life was very cruel to Manasi. The scanned report showed that her baby had heart problems. Even if the baby was born it would need medical aid to survive. There were no end to Manasi's tears.
    Manasi went to her parents house for delivery. A sweet baby girl was born. The new born was very weak, so kept in ventilator. Rakesh was happy to see his baby girl. In front of Manasi's parents he was like the best husband Manasi could ever get.
    Rakesh had to rush back due to his official obligations leaving behind Manasi with her parents. The baby had to spend 1 month in the hospital to recover. On the day of discharge from the hospital, Manasi happened to meet Vishal. Both of them paused for few minutes when they accidently met each other after a long time. Flash back memories started rolling in. They could not talk as Manasi was with her parents, just stared at each other and moved on.
    After 3 months Manasi once again saw Vishal while she was returning from a temple. Vishal came running towards her seeing her all alone. After talking for sometime he took her to his flat where he used to stay alone.
    Manasi told Vishal everything that happened in her life. She broke down on his shoulders, feeling a sigh of relief. Intimacy started growing between each other. Soon they both were intimate.
    When everything was over Manasi started feeling guilty. She returned back home with a guilt feeling. when she reached home she got the news that Rakesh was coming to take then back to US.
    Readers help me to complete this story. I like to know what you think. Whats going to happen in Manasi's life ? Will she return back with Rakesh?
    Is Vishal ready to accept Manasi and her ailing child? Will Manasi's life ever change.
    I need your feed back. Hope you enjoyed this story. Inspired by real life stories. Thank-you
    Mona

3 people like this.

2. roses99

roses99 Silver IL'ite

Good One :) Appreciate your easy and simple way of narration.

I believe there is an ongoing thread with the same incident here!

Anways, Manasi would be back to US with her little ones taking care of her as the little ones need more and more attention. Time alone changes everything, there are chances of Rakesh changing himself after the birth of little ones, hope Manasi would give a try to change him and make him realize his duties and attention towards the new born.

Hope for positive note always, Good day and good things always happen in any of the form --- nobody is neglected by God in this world.

3. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Thx for the feedback. Its a happy ending :). but people don't change so easily. Let's see what happens.
    Good day ! tc

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Mona

Welcome to story section. Your narration was simple and awesome.... according to me.... I always think a bit different...

Manasi should speak to her parents and tell them what all has happened. I don't feel she should go back. Even if Vishal doesn't marry her it is fine. But 1st she should have her own self respect, she is no doormat that this guy will use her.
    Even if she goes back what guaranty is there that Rakesh will treat her nicely, men who are use to other woman for pleasure will never change. Rakesh is already addicted to it.
    If Vishal has really or truly loved Manasi yes he might accept her.
    But before that Manasi should not go she should stay back in India complete her studies and become independent to takecare of her child.

5 people like this.
  5. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Hi Aruna,
    I liked your thought. You are much close to the story's climax. Manasi should find strength in herself. Not only Manasi we all ladies are very unique in ourselves . Whatever situations, circumstances may put u in but we must fight back and prove ourselves ofcource it may take some time.
    thx,
    Mona

1 person likes this.
  6. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Readers I need your opinion. Nearly 200 views and only 2 replies. Please try to write something, I need your feedback. Thank you for your precious time.

7. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mona you keep writing, members are reading that is for sure, to get the feedback members start joining in slowly.

1 person likes this.
  8. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Soon I will come up with the remaining part of the story. Hope my readers would enjoy.

9. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

The Climax- Life in Silence

Manasi wasshocked to hear this news at this moment. She was feeling guilty for what hashappened. She felt as if she has committed a sin. She had only two optionseither to stay back or to go back with Rakesh withher little one, who just turned 4 months old.

Now what todo. She immediately called Vishal and told him. But as Vishal was stillstruggling for a job was not in a position to take any responsibility. Manasialready made up her mind to stay back because she could imagine how life couldbe with her sick child. She then told her mother about her life after marriage.Her mother could not believe that Rakesh had a different face. She was in deepshock. She hugged Manasi and wept for sometime. Then she thought of herdaughters future. She expressed her fearof her younger daughter (Manasi’s sister) for whom search of a bridegroom wasin progress. Now all the doors were shut in front of Manasi.
    Manasithought of finding a job for herself so that she can be independent and will beable to take a decision. It was too early to leave her daughter and go forwork, but that was the only option to stay back. She started applying for job. Shewas thrilled when she started getting interview calls. Unfortunately she couldnot get through any. Most of the companies rejected when they came to know thatshe was nursing a 4 month old. Disadvantage of being truthful. Everything wasin vein.
    Feeling offailure put her in great depression. At times she even felt suicidal. With unbearablepain in heart she went to a nearby temple. She was so much in herself that shecould not notice the people around inthe temple.
    In thetemple, Manasi who was totally distressed started chanting a song- asking GOD:
    “what was myfault?
    Why i amgiven such a pathetic life?
    I am loosingtrust in you,
    Oh God havemercy, have mercy”
    Manasi sungthe song so beautifully. Her emotions were flowing. Her eyes were closed buttears were rolling down her cheeks. The pain in the song was felt by the peoplearound. Soon a crowd gathered around her. Fortunately a well known musicdirector was in the crowd. He was so impressed that he came forward andappreciated Manasi for her melodious voice. He told her, ” Don’t be angry withGod, he has gifted you with such a beautiful voice. You are extremely talented.I see a star in you.” Those words were like words from God for Manasi.It was a turningpoint of Manasi’s life. She got a break as a playback singer for the upcomingflick.
    When Rakeshcame, she refused to go back. She gathered tremendous courage to tell her father everything about Rakesh in front ofhim. His infidelity, his torture, his abusive nature and how she was treated.
    Manasidecided to separate. After a year or so she got divorced. By now she was a muchconfident and independent. Sometimes her past experiences do come to haunt herbut time is a good healer. Meanwhile Vishal got a good job. His love for Manasiwas very sincere. He accepted Manasi with her little daughter. Manasi was veryhappy now. After every night there is a day is well said.

6 people like this.
  10. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Good Narration.I like the happy ending.

In spite of happy ending you made Manasi independent and bold which is good and I like that

1 person likes this.