1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have forgotten - a story on the divinity of motherhood

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by savi0301, Aug 27, 2014.

1. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]A short story dedicated to all mothers on this 100th years of Mother day celebration.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Every year mothers day comes and is celebrated.
    I, Chitra, on this special day remember that one mother, who is and shall always be in my heart as a true image of what a mother can be. A noble and divine soul, a wonderful gem of a person.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I remember the day when Suman, this simple girl joined the organization where I was working. She was ordinary looking but there was a kind of radiance in her. A smile which never left her face. Soon everyone started liking her and she became the pet of the office. Suman was the only child of her parents. Few months after her joining her marriage was solemnized and she was wedded to a suitable partner. The couple looked made for each other.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Few years went by, to be precise three years of their married life. Suman had once disclosed to me that she is very eager to become a mother and her husband Aashish had told her if she conceives she need not work after that, Aashish being in a very good job can take care of her and kid(s). The couple tried everything went, from doctor to doctor and all the places they were advised too but in vain. It was the 4th year of their married life and I was transferred to another city.
    I still remember the day I had to leave and Suman hugged me and told me Chitra do pray for me with tearful eyes. I consoled her saying trust the one above us who knows all. Inspite of her miseries her outer image remained the same, looking at her face one can never imagine how she is suffering deep within herself.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]In the beginning I continued to be in regular touch with her and then soon our communication was less and less. One day Suman called me and I thought she is going to give me good news. But Suman told me at last both she and Aashish have adopted a baby girl. I could feel the happiness the joy in her voice when she spoke to me saying Oh Chitra do you know there was this little angel just three months old, who had been abandoned at the ashram’s door by someone and we have adopted her. She also told why she chose this girl is because she is just a infant and she told me the child resembles so much like Aashish. The same curly hair, the same brown eyes. I thoughT her happiness is making her say all this how can this baby girl resemble her husband. But I was happy for her and knew now Suman can stay home and look after the baby and have all her motherly love showered on the child.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It was amazing that just three-four months after adoption, Suman called me again and I got the good news I was waiting for, she was so excited that I wasn’t able to hear her properly. She was laughing and crying at the same time. I could guess whats the good news. She told Oh Chitra, can you believe this, I brought this angel home and now after so many years God has finally blessed me and I have conceived. I thanked the almighty and was amazed at the wonderful news. How strange are Gods way! [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Deep within me I was a little apprehensive what will happen to the adopted child, once Suman has her own child? Months went by and I waited for her call. One day finally I got a call from Suman that she is blessed with a baby girl and her new born child is a baby doll and looks exactly like her husband. She laughingly told me now I have to look after two babies and what more can I ask from God. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Her calls became less and less and I knew she must be busy with her children. I also never disturbed her. After one and half years, I was required to go to her city on official work. I called Suman who first asked my pardon for not being able to be in touch with me. I told her please don’t feel bad I want to come to your house and meet you. She invited me in the evening. I went to her house a little shaky in my thoughts, thinking about both the adopted baby girl and Sumans own girl.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] The door was opened by a plump smiling Suman and I wondered on the beauty nature can bestow on a mother . Her husband wasn’t there and when I entered her living room I saw two baby girls wearing the same colour of frock sitting on the carpet and playing. She told their name as Kusum and Kumud. I laughingly told her your name and Kusum and Kumud all mean flowers. Your house is indeed so blessed. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]We chatted a lot and had tea. All the time while talking to me I felt Suman looking at her daughters and caring for them. I felt she has her own world now, she has been blessed with motherhood and she is happy with being a mother. Soon it was time for me to leave, I got up and patted the kids, gave Suman the small gifts I had bought for both and Suman came to see me at the door. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I regret asking that still now, ashamed of myself when I think back, but I asked Suman I know the names of your daughters now but out of the two, which is your own and which is the one you adopted? Suman replied Oh Chitra I have forgotten that. I don’t remember anymore nor I want to remember. They are both my own child. I can never forget the look of divinity on her face. I stood rooted to my place, cause I had seen the living God in this girl called Suman. I hugged her and silently climbed down the stairs.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]I HAVE FORGOTTEN…………[/FONT][FONT=&quot]these very words haunts me on each mothers day and I salute the mother Suman on this day and always. [/FONT]

6 people like this.

2. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

It's mother's Heart. We had a colleague too after marriage for 4 yrs they didn't have kids. whenever someone rises this question she use to be down and cry we use to pamper / divert her mind saying one day she will have twins and not worry. To our surprise now she is blessed with twin Angels.

We felt very Happy for her ....

3. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

thanx dear for appreciating the story,

4. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Really felt happy reading your post... god bless Suman and her angels.. I understand the pain and agony she must have been through..its been 7 long years I have been sailing in this TTC boat. Wherever I go I hear taunts. Even from closest relatives. Hope god blesses me too one day.

Meera

5. savi0301

savi0301 Silver IL'ite

Dear Meera, walk with your head held high since you have not done any wrong, the first part of my other story, the unwanted, is a true life story, where a woman could not conceive for 8 long years, and almost lost her mental balance, hearing the taunts, my dear friend, blame yourself only when you have done something wrong and otherwise never. Trust the one above all of us, avoid all those who haunt you, cause they should not be important in your life, discard them immediately and live your life, May God bless you always and if i have done any "punya" in my life till now, i fold my hand to the one above to bless you with HIS CHOICEST BLESSING...HIS ways are strange just trust HIM

1 person likes this.