1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage by destiny or love ---- a journey

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Thinkingbeauty, Apr 23, 2014.

DID YOU LIKE MY STORY??

1. VERY INTERESTING

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. GOOD

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. AVERAGE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. POOR

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Thinkingbeauty

Thinkingbeauty Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

I am beginning a new tale for all my IL friends to read. It was my dream to publish a book right from my school days. Though it never happened, I hereby fulfill my dream through IL. A big hearty thanks to IL for making this happen.

Please read and post your comments.
    P.S. It is a true story....and so no imagination... I am sure all of you will love it.
    I WILL TRY AND POST ON ALL DAYS EXCEPT WEEKENDS.

HAPPY READING.

PART 1
    I was looking at my packed bags and weeping over it. I really wanted to run away, I thought to myself. How can I let go this opportunity?? If I fail, then my whole life I will have to spend in this village with my father’s relatives. Suddenly I saw the mirror kept at the book shelf and saw my red swollen eyes filled with tears. It made me cry more loudly and the I thought how beautiful I look with this face. I slowly grinned.
    I went near my suitcase, sat down and unzipped it. I pulled out my dairy, took the front page and started glaring at the map of India. I was in the Southern part of India, in a small village of Tamil Nadu. My destination was Pune and was determined to go there. As I turned the pages of my dairy I realized that I had only 5 days to go…
    It was two months before that our college was visited by a well established MNC company for a campus interview. It was offered for the final year students of 4 different courses and more than 200 students were to participate for the same. Since the company is based in Pune our Instructors were quite clear that only those who are ready for a relocation was supposed to attend the interview to make it fair among all.
    I decided to attend the interview as it was the first company to approach us and my first chance to attend a Job Interview. During my final year I was working as a part time lecturer with an Institute and many of my friends recommended that I should continue this as according to them my nature was not suited for a MNC.
    My father’s extended relatives were against me, when I asked them permission to go on a one day picnic with my friends to a place which was hardly 150km away. So a permission to attend a job interview to a place which is more than 3000KM….#@$%^^$^$
    I knew their answers, well in advance and I was sure my parents also will not support me. So I decided to give a deaf ear to all and attend the interview.
    First of all, only two courses were chosen out of four leaving around 100 students highly disappointed. Then the selected 100 of us were made to attend a presentation. I was clearly noting down all the points such as their turn owner, the year they started this company, its diversified projects etc. May be I was under the impression that they may conduct a memory power test after the ppt J.
    Once the presentation was over, we were allowed to ask questions. I continued my prayers and remembered all the Gods. It was followed by a written examination. I was the first one to finish the exam. It was evident in the simile of my friends that being a university topper, they expected this from me. Soon the results were read out and we were divided into groups for a group discussion.
    Being very reserved and shy I was quite nervous to speak during the GD. But my desire for the job made me speak and finally I proved myself at the GD. The last around was personal Interview and everyone was awaiting the results. The time was already 5.30 PM and I was quite nervous thinking what I would tell my relatives.
    While everyone was biting their nails awaiting results, I was worried about what I would inform at home. I manage to tell them a lie and suddenly got a call from my mother. I asked her to pray for me and was going near the Principal room when all of a sudden; I heard my name being announced.
    My eyes were filled with tears of joy and I hugged my friends who were selected along with me. We were totally 4 girls and 5 boys who were destined to win the first campus placement of 2008.

11 people like this.

2. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

:wowSuch a wonderful start :thumbsup...
    Loved it...

Waiting for the next part :)

2 people like this.
  3. hbkeerthy

hbkeerthy Platinum IL'ite

Good start ...... LOve it

1 person likes this.
  4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

A great start.. Waiting eagerly for the next..

5. Thinkingbeauty

I feel so happy for these likes... Thanks all...

U people made my day!! I feel motivated to write...

6. Thinkingbeauty

PART 2​

I had to go somehow. With this intension in my mind, I managed to arrange some money and booked a first class train ticket for 3 persons through my friends. They all were scheduled to enter the same train from different stations and join together in the journey. With no hopes, I did book my tickets. I said to myself that if all the doors are closed then I would just grab my bag and run away from this stupid people.

It was only one person who was stopping me from doing this, it was my sister. Poor Girl, if I do something she will have to bear the consequences. I and my sister share a very good relationship and I love her more than anyone else. There were so many dramatic scenes happening in our family. I never missed a chance to show how sad I am even in front of guests. I begin informing everybody in my village about this job and how badly I wished to go. I stopped eating food just to avoid the scolding would pretend to eat and throw them.

I started wearing old clothes, begin looking miserable. I never watched TV and will always keep on looking through the window. I never missed to do something which was a usual scene of daily soaps to get sympathy from all.

Then some day later a miracle happened, God did something. Yes, I got permission to go to Pune. My father being a very loving person booked an air ticket for me, my uncle and himself selling out a huge sum of money. My conscience did not allow me to pretend and so I confronted to all that I booked train tickets without their knowledge. After so much of family drama and me promising to everyone that I will be good, will call daily, will return after one year etc I was almost there.

My parents are actually staying in a GCC country and I and my sister were staying with my father’s brother and his selfish family. They never treated us and our mother in a respectable way. A typical south Indian narrow minded family in short! If you obey all their rules you are good and if you disobey then you are the worst thing on earth. I hated them for this.

God heard all my prayers and I reached Pune much before my friends and the reason was obvious. We came to the company’s accomadation which was located in the heart of the city. We had lunch in a very good restaurant and for me (a person who comes from a village in Tamil Nadu) the ambience of the restaurant itself was too welcoming. Least did I know at that time that I had come there not only for a Job but was brought by destiny for something else!!!

8 people like this.
  7. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

next parts pleaseeee !!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Thinkingbeauty

PART 3
    I was thinking to myself that I was wearing the best of salwars untill the time I reached my office. Everybody present was dressed so smart and so well that I started feeling very bad initially. We were in the Main office for induction classes. This program me was scheduled for a total of 5 days. In the beginning like an obedient rank holder student I used to write down each and every point that was discussed.
    I never knew how to address people and would end up calling all of them as Sirs. I was expecting a table and a computer to start working on the first day but found myself amidst of more than 300 students, oops employees who are attending their induction programs. I never had any doubts / suggestions as I was basically a shy person and would look around at people, presentation and their dresses most of the time.
    My father and uncle left Pune after helping us find a home which was situated opposite to our company’s accommodation. After office we used to spend some time in the garden of the building. I was a better Hindi speaker and we found it most difficult to speak with those kids of the building. We also found a Tamil couple in that building and introduced ourselves to them.
    Within few weeks time, we shifted to a new house, had enough quarrels with each other with matters relating to housekeeping, cleaning, cooking, waking up early, taking too long for bathing, using TV etc. Now our room had two more new friends to share the burden of house rent. Jyoti and Sonia they were from UP and Orissa. Very good girls and we started learning our Hindi lessons from them.
    We enjoyed all our fights and we started discussing lots about work at home and in cab as well initially. I started making small purchases in the beginning itself as I felt I was outdated amongst all. I was dark in complexion and my other three friends were very fair and equally brilliant.
    I wished to be fair and beautiful and started my visit to a parlor. I did a good hair cut for myself and did some good shopping. We went to Reliance Mall one night and received a gift coupon of Rs.500/-. But to avail the full benefits of discounts and wonderful shopping experience, our shopping lasted up to 12.15PM.
    One of my friends, Rekha got angry and stopped talking to me for this. But I was not alone responsible for late shopping!! Aishwarya ( aishu) got angry as she had to call her parents before going to bed and Preethi wanted to sleep badly. I had no regrets rather than a feeling that I should have tired that blue kurti before purchasing as I did not want to end up altering it the next day!

8 people like this.
  9. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Great start!!! wonderful :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

nice start and really interesting.. looking forward to the next parts

1 person likes this.